Leaf spring clamps??? Anyone got pics??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went the cheap route with my leaf springs and had them re-arched with new bushings and spacers. Price was right $100. Same company did springs on my 67 Coronet and they turned out great. I havent gotten my rear end and springs installed back in my cuda yet. One thing I noticed that I didnt like was the clamps on the springs. They look like they used a banding machine with thin piece of rubber on the one side of the leaf. Does anyone have pics of theirs? Im almost ready to install the diff and springs and dont want to until I see what other members have used. I can post pics of mine if need be.

Thanks
Steve

Here you go steve .looks like I need to do some cleaning under the dart and remove that rust on the clamps.

sony pic 458.jpg

I bought the XHD springs through Mopar Performance(the dealership)and they have the clamps with the thin rubber piece you speak of.

Well I knew mine were done cheaply, but no big deal as long as I can get nicer looking ones. Is this something I can do myself? Or do they need to be banded or strapped on?? Im thinking of leaving the others on until I get the correct ones one, then take the old ones off. I know they would be in a slightly different location but as long as they hold the plastic inserts in.

Hey Snake, looks like your rear clamp goes around 4 leafs?? How about the clamp that goes on the front, I got proper clamps from Nigel, but there are 2 different sizes. Can anyone tell me how many leafs the front clamp goes around??

Thanks
4spdragtop

I counted 5 there Steve hope yours don't rust like mine. Hope this helpssss,I think your right put your new ones on first than undo those band aides.

Attachments

• sony pic 732.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 376
Thanks Snake!! I hope I put the back one on in the right spot...from your 1st pic I counted 4 leafs.:thumleft::drinkers:

Thanks Scott, by the looks of it, it is wherever the clamp fits?? Yours and snakes r in diff spots.
Thanks!!

-
Back