Leaf spring clamps

-

Duster2022!

Reaction score
I was curious if anybody has tried or had any issues using these type of leaf spring clamps? I was curious if the side bolts rub the inner tire

IMG_9585.png

IMG_9586.png

We make all our own.
They are a piece of cake to make.
Likely will not run but check your clearance

You can get some heavy duty wide hose clamps too. They work well.

in standard form they are to stop the leaves splaying out of alignment either side, with little tension other than to stop the leave ends slappping top to bottom.

a full clamp with tension top to bottom will restrict the way the springs "spring"
if that is the aim, i.e to tighten up the front or rear segment good solution

if you just want standard suspensin travel... less of a good solution. as you are really just wanting the effect of the sides of the clamp with the top (or bottom) just acting as a bump stop to stop unruly spring behaviour when your car tries to S shape the springs under acceleration

halfway house:- rubber gasket or a piece of zinc sheet between clamp top/spring and clamp bottom/spring. allows longitudinal movement of the leaves as they try to slide over each other when their arc is altered at different rates depending on position in the spring pack

Dave

The only experience I have is with clamping some of the front
spring segments to stiffen them to simulate the Superstock springs
for drag racing applications = It does help a lot for that purpose.
I tried radiator hose clamping but I broke them. Probably better HD
clamps than 50 years ago.

For Drag racing applications running your 11s or faster = I do run them as
stiff as I can in front segments only. the back portions can be loose.

Last edited:
Any spring shop, in Spokane, it's been Pohl Spring for as long as I know of---has or makes spring clips. As someone said you do not want them tight, the springs must slide and move as they arch. The ones I got have no bolts, the "U" goes through the mate end and the tabs fold over

-
Back