Leaf Spring Clip Question

-

Grumpy Pete

Reaction score
Ok, I am finally to my rear leaf springs! I am planning to pull them off, blast them, paint them, and redo all of the rubber and shackles. That being said, I am not sure where to get replacements for these clips? Any recommendations/advice is helpful, I am new to leaf springs.

1965 Barracuda v8

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

Some you can just disassemble, clip stays riveted to one leaf.
The replacements i have in my cabinet are nowhere near the originals.
I would cut the center bolt, blast and paint pack as an Assembly and carry on. At least you could get some paint between the leafs.
Or pry clips open and pound them back into submission after.

I found those also. I guess, I noticed that those clips dont have a rubber liner that wraps with them like the original? Does that matter (front what I understand, that is just for anti-squeak anyways?)

I found those also. I guess, I noticed that those clips dont have a rubber liner that wraps with them like the original? Does that matter (front what I understand, that is just for anti-squeak anyways?)
Without them they will squeak like an old model A. Maybe.

Mancini Racing has a Mopar A body specific rebuild package that consists of the thin galvanized strips that separate the leaves near the center bolt, plastic pads and clamp assemblies. Often, the clip on the clamps break upon disassembly....... $71 (I think)

I unbend the tab on those clips and then re-intall them after all of your paint prep.

-
Back