leaf spring perches

-

ronw

Reaction score
Getting ready to install new perches and I was wondering if you guys install them with a few degrees of down angle or just 90 Deg's to the differental? Thyanks Ron

I installed my rear with mine unwelded and set it to the pinion angle that I wanted then I welded them in place.

Getting ready to install new perches and I was wondering if you guys install them with a few degrees of down angle or just 90 Deg's to the differental? Thyanks Ron
I checked this once on a B body 8.75 and the pinion was up about 5 degrees in relation to the perches.

Just pay close attention when you flip the housing over to weld them on. Its real easy to get them wrong when it's upside down. Ask me how I know.

Just pay close attention when you flip the housing over to weld them on. Its real easy to get them wrong when it's upside down. Ask me how I know.

Lol, that's why one should put the perches on blocks of wood or concrete blocks on a nice level surface. Set the width/location, set the angle and tack them. Then flip and weld.

I bet your not the first to do it. Don't ask................

..anybody have one laying around,what is the factory angle
..i've never checked one

The degrees should be figured by the drive shaft angle/pinion angle, not perch angle, right?

yes , drive shaft angle is correct. the book calls it pinion angle, its not, drive shaft angle is what you need to measure!! mopar race books refer to it as drive shaft angle. the pads, need to be on, loose, then measure and tack welded. it's more work, yet is most accurate. the 5 degree is total of drive shaft and pinion angles. one can be 3 deg, other 2 deg, equals 5 deg total.

-
Back