Leaf Springs

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
what do you guys like to run for leaf springs on a 3000 lbs a body (looking to get to 2700) and that are light? arnt there glass ones?

The 2800 SS springs are the 002s and 003s. Those are pretty stout. I've always liked them. the Mopar chassis Manual says not to run a snubber with them using an automatic, but I've always done it with good results. I bet you could also use the Mopar offset spring hanger kit, too. Makes a big difference in tire size you can get under there.

The 2800 SS springs are the 002s and 003s. Those are pretty stout. I've always liked them. the Mopar chassis Manual says not to run a snubber with them using an automatic, but I've always done it with good results. I bet you could also use the Mopar offset spring hanger kit, too. Makes a big difference in tire size you can get under there.

i just reilized those are under my AWB... hmm... i need caltracs for it anyways maybe i'll steal those off it tomarrow =P~

thats what i thought...

so would they be ok with my dart as i will be getting it lighter than that?

If you can really get it to that 2800lb weight w/you in it, go 4 it.

but the 2800lbs springs are aimed at the 61-66 a bodies

Try clamping the front segments of the springs you have 1st then read the mopar suspension book to make the choice between 3000 or 2800 springs

If you can really get it to that 2800lb weight w/you in it, go 4 it.

but the 2800lbs springs are aimed at the 61-66 a bodies

Try clamping the front segments of the springs you have 1st then read the mopar suspension book to make the choice between 3000 or 2800 springs

well i have the 002/003 springs so after i get track time i will go to those and 6 cyl bars up front...

once i get down to 2700 then i'll get those...

set the front ride height to the higher side, btw

thought it would be better to have it low and loose so it can come up giving you better weight transfer?

kinda like the caltracs need a minimum of 5" of travel in front to work...

typically, but try it.

Have you tried it really low?

I set my front height 'with 002/003's in back' so I have maybe an inch or so between the bump stop.

I just did some swapping of leafs on my cars.I took the XHD out of my 66 Dart race car,swapped in my sagging ones from my 68 Barracuda and added Caltracs with them.I put the XHD,s in the 68 which now sits just right.If I were you I would try the leafs you have in your altered,if they don,t work,put them back.JMO

Isn't it Mark runnin some wore out flipped upside down springs? lol

805, 002/003 is what I have on my Dart..2850 lbs with me in it. Been thinking about the 863/864 but Don't think anything will change but making my wallet lighter.....

I just did some swapping of leafs on my cars.I took the XHD out of my 66 Dart race car,swapped in my sagging ones from my 68 Barracuda and added Caltracs with them.I put the XHD,s in the 68 which now sits just right.If I were you I would try the leafs you have in your altered,if they don,t work,put them back.JMO

thats the plan but im gonna be good and wait till i get a baseline at my home track this week end

typically, but try it.

I set my front height 'with 002/003's in back' so I have maybe an inch or so between the bump stop.

thats where im at... i was gonna get really short uppers to( or cut them) to allow it to come up more

Isn't it Mark runnin some wore out flipped upside down springs? lol

mark is the chaos theory i have decided... he runs wore out leaf spring with another leaf upside down on the front segment...

and no pinion snubber lol

805, 002/003 is what I have on my Dart..2850 lbs with me in it. Been thinking about the 863/864 but Don't think anything will change but making my wallet lighter.....

what about shackle angle? that the whole reason im doing any of this... i get the car down to 3100 with me in it and now my shackles are straight up and down...

typically, but try it.

this was second round eliminations
if you watch my launch a couple of times i noticed the rear end shackles dont move and neither does the car... also front end lift is minimal...
i think something happened with my springs and that is why it running like crap(for times) now...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oga9gNN2k8w&feature=related"]YouTube - Round 2 Ed vs Ceej[/ame]

I wish my 66 ran like crap 805moparkid :-D JJ your car screeeems man :cheers:

I need to get updated on your build, didn't you go with an 8 3/4 rear end this spring ?

while everyone is here :happy10: I just want new spring stock for my 66 Valiant, where should I spend my money ?

sorry to high jack this thread :happy10:

What was your 60 foot time?

best was like a 2.279...

I wish my 66 ran like crap 805moparkid :-D JJ your car screeeems man :cheers:

I need to get updated on your build, didn't you go with an 8 3/4 rear end this spring ?

while everyone is here :happy10: I just want new spring stock for my 66 Valiant, where should I spend my money ?

sorry to high jack this thread :happy10:

yes have the 8.75 in with same XHD springs(noticed shackle is vertical)

no problem memike! if i could do it again i would have gone right to the SS springs but if you never race it get the XHD... they ride really nice in my 3100lb car...

-
Back