Leaf Springs

-

cwatts

Reaction score
I'm installing a new set of XHD Mopar Performance springs and offset shackle kit in my dart. I had a hell of a time getting the front mount, the locator on the axle and the rear mount to all line up together. got everything bolted in now but the leaf does not look flat when you look at it from behind the car. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing. 8 3/4 rear end.
Thanks

Looks like they will only go in 1 way. The new front mounts have a welded nut on them that will only fit facing outboard and the bolt holes on the rear are not symetrical so they will only bolt 1 way.

When you speak of the perches you are talking the brackets that are welded to the axle ? My car already had the offset shackle kit on it prior to me installing the new springs and new shackle kit so I did not change that. Something that is different is the front mount though, looks like the previous owner drilled some extra holes in the old brackets.

Is this a Mopar Performance kit? If it is, the welded nut goes INSIDE the frame rail. You have them on opposite sides. You need to use a holesaw to cut a hole in the frame for the nut.

It is the Mancini Racing kit.

The Mancini kit appears to be identical to the mopar performance kit. In which case, you have to cut a hole in the frame because the nut for the eye bolt sits inside the frame rail. Regardless, the outside of the hanger should be right up against the frame rail, with no gap. If there's a gap, then they're on the wrong side.

If I was going to do it again I would buy Dr. Diffs kit, the offset it the same (you only get a 1/2" no matter what MP says) and he uses a low profile bolt head so no cutting is necessary.

Just did the same install with Mancini front hangers and leaf springs. Just install the right front hanger bolt in the upper hole and you will be level.

You are right 72NuBlu see pictures. Thanks for the help, I'm off to get a hole saw now.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 213
  • photo 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 227
  • photo 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 218
I ordered the Dr Diff offsets today. Don't like the idea of drilling a hole in the frame rail.

I ordered the Dr Diff offsets today. Don't like the idea of drilling a hole in the frame rail.

I hear that. I wasn't thrilled about the idea when I did it, but figured the hole wouldn't be that big so no biggie. The hole ended up being larger than I originally thought it would need to be in order to allow the hangers to get into place. I don't actually think it's a big deal structurally, but I wouldn't do it again either.

-
Back