Leafsprings for 64 Dart Gt

-

lzecho5

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this, just got a barn find. Looking to replace broken rear leaf springs, are there any other cars that have same springs? Or would I be better off going with air shocks. Also looking for the 2 kickdown rods from trans to carb. Thanks

I've never known air shocks to fix broken leaf springs.

If the springs are broken , air shocks will make things worse . Leaf spring interchange for 1964 Dart GT : Barracuda , 64-66 ,67 except 383 , 68-9 except 383 and HD . Dart , 64-66 HD , 67-9 except 383 and HD , Dart 73-76 : Valiant , 64-69 HD , Valiant 73-76 . According to my manual .

No, take the springs to a spring shop and tell them what you want or order new springs instead. About 200 for rebuild of spring pack.

I had broken springs on my 65 , So contacted a member who had posted about an upgrade he did on his B'cuda , he put in some new heavy duty springs on his car.
His old springs were fine, he was simply upgrading as he could afford too. Well long story short he gave me his old springs all I had to do was pay for the shipping. Which I did and now I have very decent springs on 65 cuda thanks to a generous Fabo member. He wished to remain annonomous so he will . But if you happen to read this post I am still very grateful . Thank-you so much . Some FABO members really rock.

Take the springs out of a Dakota or Durango, take those apart carefully,
Take your springs apart and remove all the sections but the main leaf then take the sections out of the Dakota or Durango and install them on your main leaf and reuse your center bolt, that's what I did to my valiant the springs was 70.00 at the junk yard there the same width and length as a- body springs and will give u about 1.5" more ride height

Take the springs out of a Dakota or Durango, take those apart carefully,
Take your springs apart and remove all the sections but the main leaf then take the sections out of the Dakota or Durango and install them on your main leaf and reuse your center bolt, that's what I did to my valiant the springs was 70.00 at the junk yard there the same width and length as a- body springs and will give u about 1.5" more ride height

What a good idea.

Great idea. Leaf springs look pretty generic. I got the leaf isolators and band clamps from a spring supplier, maybe Springs N Things. I have even looked at my Voyager minivan rear leaf and wondered if that would fit. Might be nice to have a single-leaf type from a newer vehicle, if anybody else finds a swap like 66Mopar77 did.

-
Back