leafsprings - what would you recommend

-

lilredridinghoo

Reaction score
hi all,

tried to find some posting about leafsprings by using the forums search function... but what i found didn´t satiesfied me...

my question:
what brand/type of leafspring would you recommend/choose if you would need some, cause your old ones are sagging ?

Mopar XHD
Superstock Springs
Summit house brand

i also found some leafsprings in other stores like Speedwaymotorparts, they offer Landrum and also a inhouse brand

i´ve told by some mopar-guys here in Germany, that XHD-springs are getting week and also sagging within 2 years and you will have the same problems as before with a 40 year old spring ???

I have been running the SS springs for 3 years or so. They are a little bouncy but I like the stance they give the car. No signs of sagging.

dart_san.jacinto%20006.jpg

SS if you want it to hook or only drive in a straight line or basically if you aren't road racing and just take turns nice and easy.

espo if you want it to handle good, especially right turns...lol

I'm putting Mopar SS springs in mine. You may see if a spring shop can rebuild, but it can be pricey. My 71 Duster rolled for 5 years on SS springs and never had an issue.

I've been rolling ss springs since '03 and they do alright but are not meant for handling.

I have spun the car out at 50mph changing lanes back and forth to fast

Had a set of Espo springs in my previous duster excellent springs and customer service..if your going to frequent the track then Mopar xhd will get the job done and help your car hook up..never liked s.s.springs..

I think the handling problem people observe with SS springs has more to do with raising the rear end than the springs themselves.

I have the SS springs on my Barracuda. Been running them since 2000. No signs of sagging at all. Like others above stated, great stance, got to take the corners a bit easy though.

I run 1'' lowering front hangers from mancini racing and the car is aligned.
It's not raked a ton either.
it's called they beef up the passide and the drivers is weak, its about how the car transfers why it's this way....so when you take a right turn and it leans on you, it leans hard and rolls over fast causing oversteer from the rear so to speak.

and yes they do last long, no sag here either.

My Duster has the SS springs with the front shackles flipped. I think they have settled maybe an inch over the years. As you can see from the pic in my sig, it has a fairly "flat" stance at this point and with the big front and also a rear swaybar, handles like it's on rails.

So are you all saying to NOT go with the Mopar XHD spring set (for general driver/occasional track)? Or you just haven't used them? That's what I was about to order, but now maybe I will go with ones from this springsnthings.com place...?

So are you all saying to NOT go with the Mopar XHD spring set (for general driver/occasional track)? Or you just haven't used them? That's what I was about to order, but now maybe I will go with ones from this springsnthings.com place...?

personally i don't like much of the stuff mp sells any more. guess their springs would work, i prefer springs and things because their customer service is so good, i knew quite a few people running them who really liked them before i put a set on jamies car and shiiping to me was really fast and that you can get them at stock ride height,+1" or +2".

like i said earlier it ya call springs and things you may need to leave a message. they were having problems with their phones as of yesterday.

The xhd are just fine for a street/strip car thats what i use on my '70 duster problem is nothing is made like they use to be,mine are the older version(not made in Mexico):-D:-D

I got XHD and they don't sag but they are old stock not from Mexico. I don't know if I would order anythng from MP anymore.

-
Back