leaking Brake lines

-

Waco Demon

Reaction score
I'm building a 72 Demon I have disks in the front and drums in the back . I have installed all new In Line Tube Stainless lines . We got all the leaks in the rear taken care of but the front end is a different from the proportional block to the front wheels all the fittings are seeping . Worked on it for about 3 hours no lock , dose any on have any tricks to help us Waco Demon Thank you

Are all your fittings for 45 degree inverted flare or 37 degree AN? Makes a difference...

Stainless lines are made of harder steel than the standard lines. My experience with them is that you have to tighten and untighten them a few times and be patient. Also look at the ends carefully to see if they were formed/flared properly, with no burrs or such. More than likely they will end up having to be tightened more than you think. Also, as stated above , do check for wrong angles.

Yes, SS lines are tough to get sealed. After using them once I wouldn't use them again.
C

How tight id SS tight, like estimate ft/lbs. I am always afraid to bear down on NPT plumbing pipes but they are tight as hell to loosen.

Yes, SS lines are tough to get sealed. After using them once I wouldn't use them again.
C

X2 regular lines work fine only time you would need stainless is if you were getting water in your brake system or in snowy conditions where salt spray would have effect on regular lines but technically your brake system should be sealed so no water can contaminate the brake fluid, not SS fuel lines on the other hand is worth the extra money and time to bend jmo

Someone mentioned fittings type. THIS IS IMPORTANT

You must be certain you are not mixing SAE flare and AN / JIC flare fittings.

SAE is 45 degree flare angle

AN / JIC is 37

Might help to lube the fittings before assembly. Research this, I think you need to use mineral oil, as some types of oil are not to be used with brake systems.

-
Back