Leaking Coolant

-
20 LB FT is just right for an aluminum intake. Everything looks fine so far. Nothing uncommon at all about enlarging intake holes. Justin is a stand up guy. You should call him.

Are they the earlier 273 heads? I forget when Chrysler changed the angle of the intake surface but they won't match up with later manifolds.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Going to get some new gaskets and put it back together. The intake sits in there w/o any movement and the holes seem to line up nicely. The gaskets were wet in towards the middle from the jackets and the bolts didn't have any sealant. If it still leaks then I'll do what suggested originally, do a pressure test. Either way I'm not out of the woods yet. I've got to see where the anti freeze has leaked into and figure out how to get it out of there. Engine has not been started yet but hopefully soon.

I'm really in a tough spot here and it has proven out that I made a huge mistake on who I picked to be my engine builder. It was 1wild&crazyguy (whom I'm sure some of you remember). I was impressed with his input and the feedback that he seemed to garner when he offered up advise. But he is now out of the picture and unwilling to help. So I can't go there. This choice is really coming back to haunt me now. Rather than members telling me how stupid I was for making this choice I need to move on. I bought a Felpro gasket kit so I assume that he used that for the intake gasket. I know he put some thought into the head gasket to match the work he did on the heads. I kind of double checked what he told me was doing against what I read on this site and it all checked out. I'm really bummed and didn't expect this to be the end result but I can't make him want to help me. So.... I either have to find a reputable builder in San Diego area or attempt to get to the bottom of this by myself. I appreciate all your input.
Always two sides to every story...Justin does not live next door but is willing to travel when necessary.
Have you tried paying him the money you owe him?
Have you got that Dyno tune yet? Care to share the results !!!

20 LB FT is just right for an aluminum intake. Everything looks fine so far. Nothing uncommon at all about enlarging intake holes. Justin is a stand up guy. You should call him.

Exactly !!!

To me66dartgt
Sorry of you to cut down someones reputation when they can not respond on here to defend them self....I think an apology is in order.

TX Dart,
It is obvious you have talked to Justin. So have I, many times including when Rusty RR suggested it. I'm not on here to bash him or stick up for him. I simply asked a question about a coolant leak to allow me to move forward and get the car going. Thanks to FABO members help the leak was corrected. That's what this site is for and it came through.

If Justin wants to know the feedback from the Speed Shop on the quality of his work in their opinion, as well as the Dyno results he can call me anytime. At the time I asked my original question Justin was not available to help. That was his call not mine. I'm a stand up guy and I owe no one anything. Why would you not be concerned about my reputation and PM me rather than go public on something that is totally not true? Not that I expect it, but it would seem an apology is in order for trashing me while only hearing Justin's side of the story.

TX Dart,
It is obvious you have talked to Justin. So have I, many times including when Rusty RR suggested it. I'm not on here to bash him or stick up for him. I simply asked a question about a coolant leak to allow me to move forward and get the car going. Thanks to FABO members help the leak was corrected. That's what this site is for and it came through.

If Justin wants to know the feedback from the Speed Shop on the quality of his work in their opinion, as well as the Dyno results he can call me anytime. At the time I asked my original question Justin was not available to help. That was his call not mine.I'm a stand up guy and I owe no one anything. Why would you not be concerned about my reputation and PM me rather than go public on something that is totally not true? Not that I expect it, but it would seem an apology is in order for trashing me while only hearing Justin's side of the story.[/COLOR]
Exactly but you seem not doing the same with Justin.....There was no need to even mention his name but like above you keep doing it ...
Practice what you preach.

Perhaps you need to retread your post's. First mention of name was by you when you decided to get involved. None of this has to do with subject matter so please PM me if this is still something you feel you need to continue.

My guess is the intake needed to be milled just a hair. Hogging out the intake bolt holes is standard procedure sometimes.

All I can say is this is Hot Rodding. **** happens! Get over it and get back to it! This is minor stuff here and no big deal at all.

Intake manifold leaked. All is well. Followed advise from FABO and fixed it. Thanks for everyone's input.

-
Back