Leaking Side Cover Bolts

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So I just rebuilt my 833 in my Dart and was hoping I would finally rid myself of the puddle under my car from all the old seals, but I just ran into an interesting issue. I looked under the car the other day and saw a decent sized puddle and a drip running down to the bottom of the case. It looked like it was coming from the side cover, and under a closer look it was coming from the two bottom right bolts of the side cover. These are the two bolts that don't have the thick shoulder on them as seen on Brewer's website here http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BP-SC There was no gasket or anything in the rebuild kit that I know of that I missed for these bolts, so has anyone else out there had this problem and come up with a solution? I tried making my own gasket, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I even tried loading the bolt up with silicone, but apparently that didn't work either.

On a side note, there is one bolt that has a longer shoulder on it as seen in the previously mentioned Brewer's picture. Where specifically is this one supposed to go? The side cover was the same thickness all the way around aside from the two long bolts in the bottom corner I'm having trouble with and it seems like this long shoulder bolt would bottom out on the shoulder before tightening up.

-
Back