leaking tranny

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I need to ask a question about the 727 in my dart. When it sits the tranny leaks bad. Alao when I start the car up I have to put it in neutral so the convertor will fill up and work. Could the convertor losing it's fluid be causing the leaking? I was wondering if the fluid from the convertor coming back into the tranny is causing my leak because of overfilling? Thanks for your help.

Very possibly the pump bushing and seal.
The fluid can leak from anywhere once it gets above the seals from drainback.
A worn converter will drain back faster due to loose tolerances.

Is it actually leaking at the bellhousing?

I need to ask a question about the 727 in my dart. When it sits the tranny leaks bad. Alao when I start the car up I have to put it in neutral so the convertor will fill up and work. Could the convertor losing it's fluid be causing the leaking? I was wondering if the fluid from the convertor coming back into the tranny is causing my leak because of overfilling? Thanks for your help.

That doesn't sound good.

Where is the leak coming from? Look at the speedometer cable housing and the speedometer gear as well as the dip stick tube for possible leaks.

The tranny leaks at the front and rear seal. I always check the fluid level before I take the car out so when I park it it is at the full mark.

It needs a reseal and a new front bushing.
Seals for the leak and a new bushing for the drainback.

Any reputable shop will want to do a teardown for inspection also.

This is not just a guess or an oppinion.

-
Back