lean burn

-

mopops

Reaction score
removing lean burn going to chry electronic ing and need a 2bbl carb to replace the smog unit, ny idea what carb i could use.. car has A/C n cruze, auto trans tks gjg mopops

Just as easy to go to a nice running 1406 Edelbrock 4 barrel with the electric choke.

Can use the Mr. Gasket 2 to 4 barrel adapter (20 bucks at your local Advanceautoparts store) on your lean burn manifold.

20200612_104857.jpg

Also works on the '89 - '91 TBI intake manifolds too, need to redrill the 4 mount bolts to keep it on center.

20210509_105258.jpg

20210509_105241.jpg

1406 Edelbrock
20210424_153646.jpg

Need the Edelbrock to Mopar throttle bracket adapter so the geometry of your throttle cable is right.

Also need the correct auto trans kickdown linkage and make sure that is adjusted correctly so you don't burn out your trans. Needs to be adjusted correctly!

Edelbrock #1481 bracket:
1481.jpg

20200902_003827.jpg

Blue bracket is for 2 bbl.
Red bracket is for 4 bbl.
DSCN2763.JPG

if i can find the right 2bbl carb linkage set up, all the smog craps gone n i ll have a vac port for dist advance i left the lean burn computer on to control the carb n other crap

I did this conversion years ago on a 318 Lean Burn and I can't recall having to replace the carb. I just used the electronic ignition retrofit kit and my parents drove off into the sunset.

my 1987 carb has no dist vac port ,thats why i want to change the carb

It's been a lot of years but IIRC all I did was move the hose that went to the vacuum transducer on the computer to the distributor vacuum advance. But I'll admit, it's been a lot of years.

It's been a lot of years but IIRC all I did was move the hose that went to the vacuum transducer on the computer to the distributor vacuum advance. But I'll admit, it's been a lot of years.
will try n see if it works some times theres a simple answer thank you g j glover

The Carter BBD shown in post 6 was commonly used on 318 small-blocks. It is fairly simple to work on, having adjustable "metering rods", which I think is similar to the very common Edelbrock 4 bbl of post 2 (descended from Carter AFB?). You can download a manual for the BBD on the web. The link has been posted many times. I don't know about the Holley 2 bbl of post 7, other than Holly carbs are considered better but more finicky to adjust. I think there is an aftermarket for them since some racing competitions require a 2 bbl.

-
Back