Leave it to the Army 32 days left maybe....

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Well I thought I had 20 days left. I just found out I am flying into Kuwait in the next day or so since the plane to fly us home can't land in Iraq anymore. And the soonest they can get us out of there is the 21st of May instead of the 11th of May. Now I have to cancel my Disney vacation for the 1st week of June since my leave doesn't start until after the 1st. UGH I hate not knowing what's gonna happen.

Don't get discouraged. We're here for you dude. Stick it out. Disney World will still be there.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Have a safe trip home and just think of all the American brewskis awaiting you when you get back.

Well I thought I had 20 days left. I just found out I am flying into Kuwait in the next day or so since the plane to fly us home can't land in Iraq anymore. And the soonest they can get us out of there is the 21st of May instead of the 11th of May. Now I have to cancel my Disney vacation for the 1st week of June since my leave doesn't start until after the 1st. UGH I hate not knowing what's gonna happen.

Well !! Let me go change my calendar :eek:ops:
Stand tall Corey, I know there is not a darn thing that can be dun sir, so hang in there and I know your family is disappointed also :glasses7:
Is Kuwait a little better to be waiting for your ride home then where you are now ? I hope so and I am sure you will miss your company there where you are now... 10 days of safe area and more humidity I hope
Thank you for your service and like it was said before Disney will still be there for you and your family, I feel bad for your loved ones that was looking forward to your safe return home.

Looking forward to a cool change for you and a safe return home to your family and friends, and getting the tools out and move forward on that cool cool SS/T
I hope you find this video refreshing and good for you :cheers: counting down the days for a cool change.
Your life has been prearranged, I am an ol softy :glasses7: and shed a tear thinking about the words in this song, so just turn the sound off and enjoy the fresh air :thumblef:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bKwRW0l-Qk&feature=related"]Cool Change Little River Band - YouTube[/ame]

No Kuwait is worse. It is hotter and even sandier then it is here. It is gonna be a total suck fest. And I wouldn't care but it is affecting my family vacation I had planned because everything was set in stone about a month ago since the Dept. of State was in chrage of everything. Now I guess we aren't allowed to land planes that big in this country anymore.

Yeah I guess they have me. If we leave the 21st it will put us 8 days short of 365 days. Hoping to get out earlier but at the very least no later then the 21st.

Was wondering about you,Corey.You're almost there,enjoy the vacation.

I know the feeling. I didn't know when I was leaving until we where three weeks from leaving and it changed of course to extend us a week

This is another example of the sacrifices our service members AND their families are making. Hope it all works out Corey.

Well !! Let me go change my calendar :eek:ops:
Stand tall Corey, I know there is not a darn thing that can be dun sir, so hang in there and I know your family is disappointed also :glasses7:
Is Kuwait a little better to be waiting for your ride home then where you are now ? I hope so and I am sure you will miss your company there where you are now... 10 days of safe area and more humidity I hope
Thank you for your service and like it was said before Disney will still be there for you and your family, I feel bad for your loved ones that was looking forward to your safe return home.

Looking forward to a cool change for you and a safe return home to your family and friends, and getting the tools out and move forward on that cool cool SS/T
I hope you find this video refreshing and good for you :cheers: counting down the days for a cool change.
Your life has been prearranged, I am an ol softy :glasses7: and shed a tear thinking about the words in this song, so just turn the sound off and enjoy the fresh air :thumblef:

Cool Change Little River Band - YouTube

MeMike, this is one of my favorite songs of all time, it just always brings me back from funky land and puts a smile on my face. Thanks!

And on to the other topic, I really hope you make it home safe and sound and speedy to all of your family and loved one's, thanks for doing what you do for us.

This is another example of the sacrifices our service members AND their families are making. Hope it all works out Corey.

Hope so we had to cancel the hotel reservation and now we are having trouble finding one in our budget with less notice now. Hopefully we can get something even if it is 30 minutes away. We booked it 4 or 5 weeks ago when we were giving our hard return date. I really don't care that I am staying longer I am just upset for my daughter, she was so excited.

Corey, patience is a virtue. You can handle it and thanks again for being there for us. Oh yea, keep asking questions about our project, especially when you land in Kuwait. Keep in touch.
Small Block

I remember the feeling. When the war first kicked off, we were told we would be there for 6 months. Well after 5 and a half months they told us would would be there for 9 months. At 8 they told us we would be there for at least 12. That was way before any R&R leave. Then on the way out we were stuck in Kuwait for 3 weeks. Stay strong and just remember, the best vacation will be seeing your family when you get off the plane.
Keep us updated. If you come up to KY maybe we can meet up for a few cold drinks.

Even though you may feel you are disappointing your daughter, just remember that she is proud of her dad, and your safe return will mean more than any trip.. even a Disney trip. I'm sure it will work out for you all.

Grant

Been in the Military way too long to only be an E-6. Joined in Oct 99 in the National Guard and went active in June of 04. Been in with out a break in service since 13 days after I turned 18. Just picked up 6 on the 1st and I should have been a 7 by now. But I am finally catching up with everybody and should make 7 in 2 years on my first look. At the end of this contract I will have 13 years active and just over 17 total.

-
Back