LED dash bulbs?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I'm changing my Duster dash over to LED's but i ran into a problem, if i use all LED's in the cluster none of them work if i use all the stock bulbs they all work but here's the weird part if i use LED's except for the one by the Amp gauge they all work but if i use an LED in that spot with the factory bulbs the LED will light but the others won't!
I hope i explained that clear? Has anyone else run into this changing them over?

I tried changing the headlight switch and even the circuit board but i get the same exact problem, i even tried different grounds but nothing works.

Flip the bulb around.

I was going to suggest a different bulb in that socket (like he hasn't tried that yet.)
"Flip it around" never crossed my mind.
Nice suggestion, even if it doesn't work.:D

some of the bulbs are polarized and some are not... as stated flip them around and also make sure your headlight switch is at full interior light brightness, not dome light on though. LEDs dont dim, they just turn off below a cetain voltage

Thanks guys i'll try that next, if i flip them around and they still don't work what else could it be?

Check to see if you have voltage at the light ports. I just ordered LED (size 194) for this too and I noticed the voltage said 12V. If the dash bulbs are getting 6V, then the LEDs won't be working if they're the 12V type.

Check to see if you have voltage at the light ports. I just ordered LED (size 194) for this too and I noticed the voltage said 12V. If the dash bulbs are getting 6V, then the LEDs won't be working if they're the 12V type.

Yep it's definately getting 12 volts, my bulbs say 158 on them.

il bet the standard bulb loads the circiut down causing the voltage to drop below 12v the leds alone dont use mutch curent so the voltage stays high. no load voltage measurements may not be the same as a loaded circiut

I just got leds for dad and I and the pkg said that they only work one way....haven't installed them yet...

I tryed everything i could with the LED's never did get them to work right so i went and bought colored 194 bulbs and they work perfect! Hope to have it all back together this weekend!

-
Back