LED dash lights

-
From a recommendation I got from a previous thread on this forum I put 168s in my rallye dash. Supposedly way brighter than the stock bulbs - 194s if I remember correctly. Haven't seen how bright they are yet though... Dash is still out of the car.

The only issues I've had with the LED lights is having to install them twice because of the polarity issue and not having very much range on the dimmer.

I'm using Whiteface gauges in the Dart with red LED. When I first tried it out, the needles were nearly invisible with the lights on. I had to play around with paints til I got something that looked decent to me in natural and LED light. For the oil and brake idiot lights, I used white LEDs.

I found the bulb sockets that in both of my Darts to be pretty brittle (after 40 years). If you're needing them, the NAPA part number is LS6501.

The only issues I've had with the LED lights is having to install them twice because of the polarity issue and not having very much range on the dimmer.

I'm using Whiteface gauges in the Dart with red LED. When I first tried it out, the needles were nearly invisible with the lights on. I had to play around with paints til I got something that looked decent to me in natural and LED light. For the oil and brake idiot lights, I used white LEDs.

I found the bulb sockets that in both of my Darts to be pretty brittle (after 40 years). If you're needing them, the NAPA part number is LS6501.

What LED bulb did you use?

Here's another shot of a set in my son's '68 Dart........ really nice bluish-white light.

Attachments

• LED Instrument Lights - s.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 155
-
Back