LED dash lights

-
I outfitted my dash with LEDs from SuperBrightLeds but it's going to be several months before I can try them out. The lights seem great. I think your only problem might be the cheesy wedge bases we have to deal with.

I outfitted my dash with LEDs from SuperBrightLeds but it's going to be several months before I can try them out. The lights seem great. I think your only problem might be the cheesy wedge bases we have to deal with.

Do you have to use their bases?? Or can we pull the LED out and put them in our bases??

Here's mine from Superbrights

Attachments

• DSCF3042 (Medium).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCF3043 (Medium).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCF3044 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 492
I tried colored ones I couldnt see very well with them I switched to white and they are great.

Thats the same dash as I am doing, that looks sweet. What bulb # did you use, and color, I'm going with whiteface and would like a green light. Also is that a factory tach? I read somewhere LED's are not dimable so I don't want them to be too bright.

Used the ones with 5 LED's and they were white. Left the blue pots on.

Tack is a re-pop factory type.

They won't be too bright for you.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/

They do have a polarity so you might have to remove and rotate the lamp holder 180 degrees to get them to light.

Yeah, the incandescent lamps still gave out a warm glow even with the blue pots trying to whiten the light. I like the cool blue light. Easier on the eyes.

The thing with LEDs is you have options of your lights degree of illumination. If you go to narrow it will be bright in spots and dim everywhere else. Be mindful of this.

-
Back