LED for brake indicator

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
70 Duster with Rallye Dash. I want to put LED bulbs in all the indicators. I realize they have to be orientated correctly and got them all figured out except for the brake indicator light. It connects to two pins, does anyone know which way the bulb goes in? I got the steering column out also, so cant really put it in and try, and don't think I can get my hand up there after everything is installed to change it.
Thanks
duster cluster.jpg

Go to mymopar.com and download your years Factory Service Manual and electrical diagram. Then trace out the cir

I don’t think they have anything for the rallye dash.

Use a 6v lantern battery. Noone can tell you which way cuz the led can go in holder 2 different ways. Then the holder can go in dash 2 different ways. Make sense?

I can figure out the led/holder, and I know the polarity has to be correct, I’m not sure which pin would be considered + or -. I can take a stab from the standard dash diagram I got, but not sure the rallye dash harness has the same color wires

Look for a Dk Blue with trace and a black in your harness at the connector.

Black goes to ground

The black wire goes to the parking brake switch and to the distro block switch to get a ground

All I did was download a barracuda wiring diagram, (rally type dash) and trace out the wires.

Even 71 dart has same black wire to ground, dk blue (no trace) to power

Last edited:
There is a switch with one wire under the dash on the park brake mechanism. That is the ground side of the circuit. Whatever color that wire is will be the same at the round harness connector. Another ground for this circuit is on the brake switch at proportion valve and should be the same color. In most examples the switched hot wire for this circuit is black.

In most examples the switched hot wire for this circuit is black
My wire tracing shows black goes to brake switch, and distro block switch. Both go to ground in 71.

dk blue with and without trace (depending on car) goes to power source.

-
Back