Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• truck-lite-led-headlight (1).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 304
Jeebus those are pricey.
I'll wait for SlantsixDan's input on them.

He's weighed in on them already, they have his approval. Mid-range LED light, half the price of his most recommended J.W. Speakers.

These are BRIGHT especially the high beams, and he is correct regarding the JW speakers led's they are roughly double.

I thought the price I found was for the pair.. it is not. :(..

foobed again

I have the truck lights headlight on my Electra Glide but went with a drop in H4 LED head light in my Dart and Sportster. A LOT cheaper than the truck light and functions very well. Got mine from ebay, search for CREE LED H4 and you will see them around 40-50 a pair. Be sure to keep an eye on the lumen rating as some of the cheep ones will list like 4000lumen but thats combined for both bulbs on high beam....I posted a thread about my light on here last fall, I can dig it up I'll post a link.

Hmm those just plug in...the bulbs I mean.

Yeah plug and play. I did add headlight relays latter but that was more to remove load from the headlight switch as its a known weak points.

I have the truck lights headlight on my Electra Glide but went with a drop in H4 LED head light in my Dart and Sportster. A LOT cheaper than the truck light and functions very well. Got mine from ebay, search for CREE LED H4 and you will see them around 40-50 a pair. Be sure to keep an eye on the lumen rating as some of the cheep ones will list like 4000lumen but thats combined for both bulbs on high beam....I posted a thread about my light on here last fall, I can dig it up I'll post a link.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wait a minute

These are NOT DOT?

AND they don't have a high / low beam?

AND you already have to have Hella / etc reflectors?

These are NOT DOT? Correct... Personally I like it and its been working great for me but if non DOT is an issue than this the route I went is not for you.

AND they don't have a high / low beam?...Yes they do works just fine with my factory foot switch. Goes from 2 LEDs per bulb to 3.

AND you already have to have Hella / etc reflectors?... As I said in my thread I bought new housings. The bulbs are drop and play in the new housing. Thought it was obvious that a bulb wouldn't be drop into a sealed beam headlight lol.

Just trying to make sure "what you get." I don't know where I got the low / high beam thing, I guess I finally went senile.

Just trying to make sure "what you get." I don't know where I got the low / high beam thing, I guess I finally went senile.

Hear ya. Figured anyone looking to go with LED headlight wasn't worried DOT approval as there aren't a whole lot of solutions that are. I believe the trucklight one is though.

Hear ya. Figured anyone looking to go with LED headlight wasn't worried DOT approval as there aren't a whole lot of solutions that are. I believe the trucklight one is though.

The Truck-Lite ones are DOT approved, they have the stamp on the lens.

I know that aren't technically correct for the period but they sure are bright and they draw WAY less amps and watts as well..

-
Back