Left handed ideas?

-
I REALLY lucked out.....I would either get the ugly fat girl or the gay black guy :wack: My kinda luck.....They actually did their job well.

anybody notice the time in physical therapy is directly proportional to hotness of the therapist?

The hardest part of having your arm disabled , is going to the bathroom .
Ever try wiping your butt with the wrong arm and hand. Start praticing now.
Even doing up the button on your pants can be difficult. Good luck and a
speedy recovery to you.

this is nothing but the gospel truth. Burned my left hand at work on 1700 degree oven used for heat treating and had a dressing like a catchers mitt. I am left handed and using my right hand for anything was unnatural. Start practicing now is very good advice..

well had mine done last Tuesday, rotator and labrum, part of my rotator tendon was in my arm. I went home the day of surgery they did a nerve block in my shoulder I could feel nothing in my left arm, but could move fingers.
when the block wore off 24hrs later extreme PAIN!! I had taken the med's to build up the hours before as prescribed. They did nothing!! Had to call doctor to get a different script to deal with the pain 5mg oxycodone instant release did nothing.
I got 10mg hyrdocodone and it did the trick. i took 2 pills EVERY 3-4 hours for the first couple days and then I went 1 pill every 3 hours through Saturday. I finally got more then 30min to an hours sleep in a row sat night. Been working on slow stretching my elbow straight for the last couple days

today i can stretch my arm at the elbow without much pain. And have gone 6 hours without pain meds. Still not much I can do. I did take a shower yesterday without her help. Yes wiping butt can be a daunting task and fortunately the pain meds have taken its toll on that issue for the most part lol. I can not move shoulder at all either raising it up or moving it sideways.

what can be done on a car as of now - is look at one. I couldn't even buy one as I can not really write or sign my name yet. You don't really know what a shoulder does until you don't have one. I can type with my right arm though lol.

well had mine done last Tuesday, rotator and labrum, part of my rotator tendon was in my arm. I went home the day of surgery they did a nerve block in my shoulder I could feel nothing in my left arm, but could move fingers.
when the block wore off 24hrs later extreme PAIN!! I had taken the med's to build up the hours before as prescribed. They did nothing!! Had to call doctor to get a different script to deal with the pain 5mg oxycodone instant release did nothing.
I got 10mg hyrdocodone and it did the trick. i took 2 pills EVERY 3-4 hours for the first couple days and then I went 1 pill every 3 hours through Saturday. I finally got more then 30min to an hours sleep in a row sat night. Been working on slow stretching my elbow straight for the last couple days

today i can stretch my arm at the elbow without much pain. And have gone 6 hours without pain meds. Still not much I can do. I did take a shower yesterday without her help. Yes wiping butt can be a daunting task and fortunately the pain meds have taken its toll on that issue for the most part lol. I can not move shoulder at all either raising it up or moving it sideways.

what can be done on a car as of now - is look at one. I couldn't even buy one as I can not really write or sign my name yet. You don't really know what a shoulder does until you don't have one. I can type with my right arm though lol.

At least you should be ready for cruise season. Good luck with the healing process .I'm not scheduled for surgery until March 17th.

You shouldn't even be trying to move your arm at the shoulder. Keep it in the sling like they told you. Moving it will come after you've given it some time to heal. And the therapist will help you with getting it moving again.

You cant rush this, your best bet is to do exactly like the doc and or therapist tell you.

You shouldn't even be trying to move your arm at the shoulder. Keep it in the sling like they told you. Moving it will come after you've given it some time to heal. And the therapist will help you with getting it moving again.

You cant rush this, your best bet is to do exactly like the doc and or therapist tell you.

X2. Don't be in a rush.

The surgeon prescribed a chair called an "otto bock" that was delivered a few days after the surgery. I had to sit in it for an hour at a time while it raised and lowered my arm. It looked kinda like a wheelchair with tiny wheels and a motorized arm rest.

understood, and I am not moving it or trying to other then just simple contraction when shifting etc. Only thing I have been doing is out stretching my elbow, moving/clenching my fist and fingers as instructed. I am way to afraid to hurt this again and have to relive it. It is NOT fun at all.

-
Back