left over 360

-

PNK6PK

Reaction score
Its a long story but i have a new MP Part# 4876908 360 short block left over from the wifes Dart build from about 7 years ago.The car is geeting an update to its current 408 and the old six pack is available as well as some J heads to go with the 360 short block. The 360 came with a MP HDY. 292/292 508/508 cam in it. The question is has eny one here had experiance with this cam in a 360 auto ?? performance and driveability?? 6-Pack set up ? The J's have a port job and 2.02/1.60's . Don't know what ill put it in yet :-k but one step at a time right. Thanks. Rob

very large duration ...around 248 degrees at .050.....

power brakes will not work....need will want alot of initial advance...

too big of a cam for an automatic on the street for me...

very large duration ...around 248 degrees at .050.....

power brakes will not work....need will want alot of initial advance...

too big of a cam for an automatic on the street for me...
Thanks for the input its what i suspected. I wonder why MP used that cam with there short block back then? maybe they still do?

Thanks for the input its what i suspected. I wonder why MP used that cam with there short block back then? maybe they still do?

dont think those short blocks are still available since they quit making magnum engines 10 yrs ago..

I have two of those short blocks...one is in my 73 duster it is the low compression one and i removed the .509 cam... I also have the higher compression short block still in the blue shipping crate ...

picture of the low compression one that is in duster...before it was painted blue...

Attachments

• Picture 1007.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 148
dont think those short blocks are still available since they quit making magnum engines 10 yrs ago..

I have two of those short blocks...one is in my 73 duster it is the low compression one and i removed the .509 cam... I also have the higher compression short block still in the blue shipping crate ...

picture of the low compression one that is in duster...before it was painted blue...
Yep thats it . I remember that the ....907 version was 8.5 cr and the ....908 was 9.5 cr both with that cam. I do still have a new Mp P# 4452761 267/272 .450/.455 i could use in it , or a slightly used P# 4452782 268/276 .429/.444 with maybe some 1.6 rockers (that i dont have $$$$).

due to emission at the time...i install an erson 208/214 with .429/.444 lift...idles really smooth...and it passed smog...but now the law changed...and no smog...

probably going to change heads and cam this fall...

I found the low compression short block on craigslist ..and the guy was less then a mile from my house...he mentioned he did not have the blue crate anymore...so i knew what he had and jumped on it...plus it came with a holley 750 dp......for 700 bucks....

they had a oil pan with pump already installed....

due to emission at the time...i install an erson 208/214 with .429/.444 lift...idles really smooth...and it passed smog...but now the law changed...and no smog...

probably going to change heads and cam this fall...

I found the low compression short block on craigslist ..and the guy was less then a mile from my house...he mentioned he did not have the blue crate anymore...so i knew what he had and jumped on it...plus it came with a holley 750 dp......for 700 bucks....

they had a oil pan with pump already installed....
Now thats a steeeel!! I think i paid $2300.00 for mine at the time, of course thats when our loon was about .65 cents! It all started with the wife wanting to make the clubs 1st show of the year with the new Dart and No pistons ( backorder ) for the stroker. No sooner did i have the 360, like 2 days later and the pistons showed. I intended to send the 360 back but never got round to it!! :eek:ops:

-
Back