[WANTED] Left side SS springs

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely defeating the purpose of the springs. The idea is to create a deliberate imbalance to counteract torque reaction. Having the same on both sides will net the same effect as having stock springs

Completely defeating the purpose of the springs. The idea is to create a deliberate imbalance to counteract torque reaction. Having the same on both sides will net the same effect as having stock springs

True sorta but not everyone wants them for "straight line" performance. They are a stronger spring than factory as well.

True sorta but not everyone wants them for "straight line" performance. They are a stronger spring than factory as well.

Exactly! Both my A-body and E-body have 2800lbs passenger-side Super Stock Springs in them. The A-body has just under 500 hp with an auto trans and the E-body has just over 700 hp with a Passon 5-speed. They are the best riding, handling and launching rear suspension set-up I've ever used in either car. The A-body does have 1 inch lowering blocks in it. The E-body has a 68 B-body rear-end and a Dr Diff inset hanger kit, which allows the shorter front spring set-up. Using two passenger side 2800lbs SS springs in my E-body was Dr Diff's suggestion. I've never been in any e-body that rode so smooth and launched so hard. It does lift the driver's side wheel though.

Both cars squat slightly more on the passenger side when launching resulting in the driver's side front end lifting more than the passenger side, but it really doesn't affect how well they work on the street. I know if it were a drag only car using left and right sides would level the car under launch.

Attachments

• Santa Cruz'ing.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 116
  • Cuda.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 134
Check your local dealer, you may be surprised at the price. Usually it is shipping that kills the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back