Legendary auto interiors

-

68-GTS

Super " Senior " Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever purchased door panels from them?
If yes how was the service and the quality of the product ?

Bought seat covers and door panels from them. There products and
service are top notch. In fact they made my stuff in a different color
that was not available for my '67 Cuda. They made me the '67 pattern
with the '69 red color as I didn't want the Metallic Red that came on the
'67.

Great company to deal with.

Attachments

• DSCF2546 (Medium).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,006
  • DSCF2968 (Medium).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,028
  • DSCF2571 (Medium).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,023
Might i ask why ?
Seems to me it would better to go direct and eliminate a middle man

The whole interior of my 68 Barracuda is from Legendary Interiors, product and customer service was excellent. To save from paying shipping, I ordered my items in advance, before a Mopar show I'd be attending and verified that Legendary Interiors would also be there and arranged for them to bring my order with them to the show.

Might i ask why ?
Seems to me it would better to go direct and eliminate a middle man

Sometimes for whatever reason its cheaper to buy from a distributor then direct, ran into this when purchasing the SSBC brake conversion kit, I was able to buy it from Jeg's for less then what SSBC wanted.

yep. if you order direct, you'll pay more. visit classicindustries.com They carry everything legendary has, and everything is less expensive from them....im going to order a complete interior for my 70 dart, and getting everything from classic industries will save me roughly 250 bucks...

Bought seat covers and door panels from them. There products and
service are top notch. In fact they made my stuff in a different color
that was not available for my '67 Cuda. They made me the '67 pattern
with the '69 red color as I didn't want the Metallic Red that came on the
'67.

Great company to deal with.

Ahhh black and red gotta love it
Interior looks great.

Thanks Bud

I have ordered several sets from them. As a matter of fact, the rear panels for the 1965 Convertible Valiant were created using mine as a template and as a reward, my set was free. So if they don't have yours and you have a good set, they will do this for you as well.

Mine are beautiful,pics to come.

I have bought door panels from them. Excellent quality just hated digging out the notches for the clips. To me that is the worst. Dont understand why they dont do it there.

I have bought door panels from them. Excellent quality just hated digging out the notches for the clips. To me that is the worst. Dont understand why they dont do it there.

Some owners may not have or would rather not use those OEM steel wire fasteners. The round plastic fasteners require a different shape hole in the panel.

Some owners may not have or would rather not use those OEM steel wire fasteners. The round plastic fasteners require a different shape hole in the panel.

One word of caution. If you use the stamped (not the wire ones) replacement clips with the yellow-ish goo on them. Take the goo off. I tried to install my new panels with them and the goo forced the clip to cut through the vinyl.:x
Once I removed the goo, everything went smooth, accept for the rips in my new door panels......

Yes, I have all Legendary Int in my car and it's great.

I used the wire clips on my door panels and they were hard to snap on the hole. I polished the wire clips and put a little wax on them and they snaped in the metal on the door much more easy. I have had ledgendry door panels off a couple times and they are still very nice.

Just to clarify... Classic industries uses Legendary for door panels, headliners, and etc? By price checking classic vs. legendary website, classic is 25-45 dollars cheaper...

I just want to make sure it is legendary quality i'm getting from classic...
-Junior

I just installed my Legendary door panels last night, I hated installing the clips also. Directions say to "gently and slowly separate the 2 layers of board using a side to side motion". That tool sucks and very hard to slide side to side.

Also I could not tell where the separation was for the two panels, just seemed like layers of paper. I just took off a little and ended up using a terminal clip tool that looks like a mini screw driver and bent the end slightly and it has a handle!

I installed the rear panels first and no directions were in that package so I removed the cardboard plugs and put the clips on. I can see a slight bump on just the forward clip but that is covered by the rear seat.

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

The side to side motion is what keep material from bunching up and leaving a bump visible from the outside!

Just to clarify... Classic industries uses Legendary for door panels, headliners, and etc? By price checking classic vs. legendary website, classic is 25-45 dollars cheaper...

I just want to make sure it is legendary quality i'm getting from classic...
-Junior

yes, that is correct...every interior piece they sell is from legendary...you save quite a bit of money buying from classic industries.....i never buy direct....

same example from hotchkis, buying suspension parts from them you'll pay more. a set of their handling springs for an a body is 446.95. the same springs from summit racing is 379.95....saving you 67 dollars....catch my drift?

Sometimes for whatever reason its cheaper to buy from a distributor then direct, ran into this when purchasing the SSBC brake conversion kit, I was able to buy it from Jeg's for less then what SSBC wanted.

I ordered Front Seat Covers from Dante & everything went well. Also, his price was a good bit cheaper. the only thing was that i had to wait 3 weeks - pretty standard though, as much of the Interior stuff isn't 'off-the-shelf', at least not for a 67 b/Cuda.

Dante will often have specials - I think that's why I used him. I'll go through my emails & see if there are any links to this.

The reason that parts bought direct from the manufacturer cost more than the same items purchased from a distributor, is that the manufacturer sells retail at the list price while distributors can pass along part of the discount that they receive when purchasing wholesale.
This preserves the multi-layered distribution system that most manufacturers depend on to stay in business.
BTW, I have purchased Legendary products both direct and from Dante's and been pleased with the quality and service every time.

Hello! Anyone have pictures of the reproduction 1965 (or '64...or '66) Cuda interior kit, installed...that they sell?

I know they are the best, and I saw one in a restored stock 1965 "S" in a Mopar magazine last month in the gold color.

...love to see some more for inspiration since we aren't to that point yet!

-
Back