Legendary interiors

-

Darter6

Reaction score
Anybody buy from them lately? I placed a simple order for Black rugs and 2 armrest bases & pads. The on line order wouldn't go thru.but I was billed for the order. So 4 phone calls later all was straightened out. I was told that the rugs(Basic 68 Valiant stuff) were special order..?? Ok I guess,No confirmation # no ship date..4 weeks later,, Nothing. I may wait another week before calling. I thought with a well known name,, things would go with out a hitch........:banghead:

Anybody buy from them lately? I placed a simple order for Black rugs and 2 armrest bases & pads. The on line order wouldn't go thru.but I was billed for the order. So 4 phone calls later all was straightened out. I was told that the rugs(Basic 68 Valiant stuff) were special order..?? Ok I guess,No confirmation # no ship date..4 weeks later,, Nothing. I may wait another week before calling. I thought with a well known name,, things would go with out a hitch........:banghead:

A year ago I bought a new factory looking carpet for my 65 Dart GT in gold color. It toof Three weeks to get it and I was very satiesfied. However the heel pad was wrong. Not sure what it was for but probably Fjord or something else. One calland I got a email from them telling me with one I needed. I took some Pictures and 3 weeks later they made a new heelpad for me. It arrived last Friday. I very satiesfied with them. Besides they have great stuff.

I am waiting on seat covers from them going into week 8 right now. I have purchased before and normally 4 to 6 weeks. I contacted them today and was told they would ship out on Thursday.

I'd imagine if it is not a camaro, chevelle or mustang it is special order lol.

Thanks guys, I was thinking that too. I'll wait for 6 weeks. Car isn't going anywhere for a while,Gonna pull the engine to re-seal it.Along with a very leaky power steering box.

They don't make the carpet sets they sell. Legendary gets them from trim parts.
Carpets are always a delay through Legendary they are all custom order.

I had a problem with Legendary for my car, but it was a fitment problem....they told me I'd have to ship the whole back seat to them for assessment, they'd fix it and ship it back to me....all at MY cost (a bit spendy from Canada!!!!),...not really the answer I was hoping for.

I didn't intend to say dealing with legendary was a bad move at all. They are as good as
you can do when it comes to Mopar upholstery. Just stating they are a middle man for
the carpet sets they sell. It takes a bit longer because they don't keep all available sets in stock
and ready to ship out when your order is placed.

The carpets showed up 2 days ago. Yep, from Trim Parts. Just waiting on the arm rest pads and bases.

I ordered seat covers from them and didnt get around to installing them for about 6 months. I ordered a lot of parts at once.... Anyway when I got around to doing the interior the seat covers were wrong. I called and they would not switch with me for the correct ones because it was over 8 weeks even though they were never used. Long story short my front and back seats don't match and when I get I get around to the rear seats they will get more of my money.

I've heard a lot of good things about Legendary. I just wish their stuff wasn't so pricey so I could afford it.

Hey Liquidspine, I dig your avatar. I'm a big Tool fan.

I ordered a headliner from them, it took a while cause they had to make it but I got it after several weeks wait (over Christmas holiday too). I'm happy with it.

I've heard a lot of good things about Legendary. I just wish their stuff wasn't so pricey so I could afford it. .

Legendary had a table at the Mid Ohio Mopar swap meet a few weeks ago. I'll eventually need bucket seat covers and foam seat buns for a 64. I stopped and talked to the guy and he said the show price was 25% off anything. I came this close >< to throwing my credit card on the table. But, I need too many other things before that and then I'd have to get the new rear seat covers too.
So, if you can get to a major Mopar show, that may save you some dough. IIRC, late last year they had a sale and were offering 20% off to anybody.
Then I went to another booth of an upholstery shop owner and he had seat buns for $120. I was going to at least buy those but that's the price for each, not a pair. That price was more than the Legendary show price so I passed. He's been doing upholstery for 20 years and says all the seat buns come from one factory no matter what label is on them.

It took a bit more than 4 weeks but the rest of my order has come in.Not bad I was just anxious.

I'm currently dealing with them now. The stitching on my passenger seat back is way off. After emails and phone calls they tried saying I installed the left on the right and the right on the left! Are you kidding me! First off they are on the correct sides, but it's almost like they don't want to admit a flaw in their stitching. I was not expecting this service from them.

I imagine that they are just middleman in the situation, they don't make the parts, so they cant control when it gets shipped to the customer. I went through a similar situation with Year One years back. Now I try to find direct suppliers to eliminate the middleman. Moparts.com is a good website to locate suppliers.

-
Back