Legit? KMJ PE340 Distributor.

-
Many people have bought one and report excellent results (search "ready to run" on FABO). I bought one off ebay for $45 from WhitePerformance or such in Kingsport, TN. He has a great description. I also got his $20 E-core coil. I just wish they made one for my slant and BB engines.

I haven't installed mine yet, since currently have Crane XR700 and not driving the car yet. The pickup looks better than the Mopar design. Rather than a single pickup that requires a precise gap setting, it has multiple fingers so it appears a little shaft wobble won't affect it. I think the GM pickup in TBI "small cap" distributors is a similar idea. Some people won't buy because they boycott anything made in China. I like to reward companies who make a good, affordable product, especially for our old cars.

I was hoping that sometime in the last 4 years you've gotten around to hooking up this distributor. I just bought one and I need to find out just how I'm supposed to bypass the balast resistor and the electrinic control box. Do I just disconnect them or do I need to do anything else? Plus, this thing has two wires, black with a loop terminal and red with a female spade. I'm assuming that the black wire goes to the coil and the red goes to a switched ignition? My car is a 71 Dart Swinger 318/2bbl - 904. Nearly bone stock. Thanks for any info you could provide.

-
Back