Length of 904 transmission in 1965 Barracuda

-

toomanyfish

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the transmission in a 1967 Barracuda is the same length and configuration, other than the cable shifter, as a 1965 Barracuda, both are 273 engine cars.

Other then the 65 having a flange style mount for drive shaft they are the same...and 67 can be used in a 65...

They will fit but you will need slip yolk drive shaft and you will have a issue with the shifter set up the 65 is dual cable set up and your 66 up trans changed over to a rod style linkage and the shifter throws are totally different.
Trust me I am still fighting my conversion , 65 to 72 trans.
The cable conversion kits are not cutting it, cables are junk, trying to convert to a b&m cable now but what a bunch of work.
May need to go to a after market shifter for later style trans.
Lon

They will fit but you will need slip yolk drive shaft and you will have a issue with the shifter set up the 65 is dual cable set up and your 66 up trans changed over to a rod style linkage and the shifter throws are totally different.
Trust me I am still fighting my conversion , 65 to 72 trans.
The cable conversion kits are not cutting it, cables are junk, trying to convert to a b&m cable now but what a bunch of work.
May need to go to a after market shifter for later style trans.
Lon
What you need is a complete shifter setup from 67 on up. Console, linkage everything. That is what I did....

I think I found a working 1965 908 with cable shift, and will use it. Thanks for the response. Hopefully I can complete the deal.

-
Back