Let see your 2 wheel rides - Leg powered

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
The Dont Touch My Car Thread got response from some riders. Let's see some man, or woman powered rides, past or present. Here's my two newest toys.

DSC00011 (Custom).JPG

PDRM0080 (Custom).JPG

cool bikes! i always loved :love4: the big sissy bars on the back seats, and gear shifters on the frame. both my kids have the new retro schwinn stingrays. really brings back alot of cool kid memories......

Here's mine. Nothing retro, but I don't fit to well on those anymore, had to get somthin with a large frame.

giant yukon fx 2008.jpg

Agreed about the large frame. I put the chopper togeather for when riding with the misses. She rides pretty slow and this give me a little workout.

Got into Muscle bikes a few years ago bought one for myself and one for my brother. Never had a Stik-Shift as a kid but plenty of bananna seat rides.

GregH

phpwBzc4XAM.jpg

I rode and broke whatever I could find. I tried a schwinn, and mongoose mountain bikes before I bought my giant, they never made it past one day. I'd bend a wheel or the rear frame.

Well I put alot of crazy riding on a bike I dont have anymore. In 1998 i think.... I bought a Gary Fisher Joshua X1 full suspension mountain bike. Dang cool bike ! I rode it for many years, but then it ended up in the shed and not ridden at all. I sold it to a gal who rode it a little then she had kids etc.. and now it sits in her garage. I think I will buy it back.... to old for the crazy riding anymore, but still is a great bike.

-RPM

I know what you mean RPM, I bought my first mountain bike back in 1986 a GT Backwoods first gen. GT mtb. I still have it. I crashed bad back in 1996 and hung up my knobbys after then. Those early GF were good bikes especially if you can find his early Fisher models.

My ancient road bike. Bought a Gitane in '85 at age 15 with paper route money, got seriously into cycling and rode 350 to 400 miles a week.

The frame broke in '89, and I bought this Battaglin frame and switched everything over that I could. I didn't realize French and Italian threads are different, so a few pieces were incompatable.

I slowed my riding down through the '90s and got fat, then quit altogether about '98. Now i'm getting in shape again with Atkins and some lifting, and shopping for a heavy frame cross trainer to get back down to the weight that I can ride a serious road bike again.

IMG_0816.jpg

You got to love the old columbus steel tubing , I just retired me Pinarello and bought a Giant TCR Advanced plastic(carbon) Shimano Dura Ace - WOW what a difference in technology, and my stuff was top line circa 86. Its amazing what 6k will get now days.LOL

Yeah mine was super light when new. I can't imagine what a carbon fiber frame feels like, and I bet it's stronger too.

My Pinarello was 21lbs, My Giant is 16lbs and yes, very strong and very responsive, no comparrison to the old. The technology in the way they weave and manipulate the carbon wrap is amazing.

You beat me to it! I have been working on an Atomic Zombie plan and "was" going to start a thread on it when I finished...
Here is my old reliable Sears 10 spd. I've had it about 20 years. I don't know how many miles I've put on it, but I slap wore out the first set of tires.

And damn, I tried to post between the pics. Couldn't figure it out...

DCP_2374.jpg

DCP_2375.jpg

Very nice clhyer, My painting experience comes from when I was painting bike frames with Emron back in the 90,s. Wifes Bro-Flex is Emron, my Schwinn is the base clear Go Mango I got for my swinger.

I am thinking about getting the Barney Frank Torpedo bicycle. It has no seat on the post.

Yeah we could never afford a schwinn as a kid, I always rode handed down huffys.

nothing wrong with huffys. i had a deluxe slingshot dragster that changed from gold to lime and had a slick in back and a 16 in. skinny in front. i pulled a wheelie out the drive and never set it down till i was where i was going.those were the days.

Sounds like you had a much nicer one then I daredevil, way cool. I picked up a dvd from a old 70's drive in classic Funny Car Summer highlighting Jim Dunn's summer drag racing trips with his family, anyway there a sceen in there with young Mike Dunn and all the kids drag racing there bikes for fun on the track at the events. Those were the days!

Oh yeah, I did learn to ride on that Huffy, :drinkers:, pushed it up a hill jumped on and let er rip. Learning to turn was step 2.

Here's my ride,had this thing since I was 12 or so,and yea I still ride it once in a while,just found a new tire and tube over the winter,and it's much better than ridin on the rim around the yard.and a few pic's of one I am restoring for the bicycle shop in town,this is all done with tape and paint,thank gawd for the sign shop to make up the decals for masking off the lettering.I painted the white first then applied the decals,after painting the pink i use the edge of a razor blade to remove the decals then clearcoat.after a day or so i'll lightly wetsand and buff what meet's the eye

one wheel.JPG

oldbike.JPG

bikeparts.JPG

chaingaurd.JPG

biketank.JPG

-
Back