Let the tubbing begin.

-
A somewhat non productive day.
All I accomplished was getting the rear strut bars fitted and welded.

20220129_232221.jpg

Got a little more done.
Tire well closed up.
One more piece of bar in,will be heading over to Jeff Lutz's place on Monday to have front bars bent a little bit.

20220205_230230.jpg

20220205_230330.jpg

You're doing some nice work to that little car. You may as well go ahead and call @HemiDenny and get him started on a new coilover front suspension for it so you can put a big low deck stroker in it! :D

:steering: :thumbsup:

I am planning on it, but I do not think I can get it and put it on in time for spring.
Do they work with Doug's headers with a small block.

I would think it would. The HDK suspension gets the torsion bars and steering box out of the way, so I see no reason your Doug's D450's wouldn't fit. Denny could tell you for sure, and you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy to deal with.

:thumbsup:

Coming along nicely .
Another option for the fuel tank is a 60's early 70's Mustang Tank , 16 or 21 gal . with or without in tank pump .

prd_lg_129.jpg

That really looks nice! I like the bars under the arm rests. Good job. I’m running an HDK front suspension on my 64. You won’t be able to beat the quality or customer service. I highly recommend Denny. If your running a small block I don’t believe you will have any header issues. With my low deck big block the steering column had to have a small adjustment to clear the TTI’s.

I would like to put the HDK in,but I do not think the budget will allow it this year,but you never know.

Really NICE job on those tubs. Almost makes me wanna tub Vixen. Almost.

Finally got the tires I ordered three months ago.,they will look great under the Barracuda .
Now to get them mounted.
Still waiting on the rearend.

20220311_101830.jpg

cuda-3-5-06-010-jpg.jpg

Beautiful work 64mopar . I tubbed my 2gen Barracuda a little different than most. I peeled part of the floor off of the frame. Trimmed some off, moved it in and re-drilled plug welds for the outer frame flange which I folded over for a little more clearance. But welded it back to the floor using the inner frame flange as the backer.

Who is narrowing the rear for you? I’m just up the road a little ways and have an 8.75 that will need trimmed soon. Thanks.

-
Back