let's see those custom slants

-
Mike, what performance differences could you detect after you made the modified air intake?

I'm sure its been mentioned thousands of times onhere but where's a good place to get Shorty headers for the slants?

i forgot to post mine when making the 46 comment.

Attachments

• 100_5167.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 421
  • 100_4732.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 100_4572.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 412
  • 100_4571.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 410
Mike, what performance differences could you detect after you made the modified air intake?
I did the 4 barrel intake, carb and fresh air at the same time so it was all at the same time, I am sure cool air is helping a bit, and as I drive 60 mph I have positive cool air pressure hitting my carb, cool air is much better then very hot air. :hello2:

i forgot to post mine when making the 46 comment.

Ed, that looks really nice, but I'd like to suggest that, in the interest of weight distribution, you get that battery into the trunk, It really cleans up the engine compartment, too...

Just sayin'...

Here's mine...
:wack:

Attachments

• 100_2849.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_2847-2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 395
This isn't mine, but it was the nicest /6 that I saw during my weekend at Mopar Nationals this past weekend.

photo+1.JPG
[/IMG]

I believe the webber side draft carbs have special intakes. Pretty rare, I think. Someone will post with the right answer.

Ed, that looks really nice, but I'd like to suggest that, in the interest of weight distribution, you get that battery into the trunk, It really cleans up the engine compartment, too...

Just sayin'...

Here's mine...
:wack:

dont have the money to do anything to it. but yea its on the list

I love it!
Any idea what intake that is?

I think that one is a Redline from OZ. The OZ intakes are straight on the outside, curved on the inboard. There is a Cain Intake also. Clifford used to sell the same type, just different curved layout. Here is a Clifford intake.
I also posted my last slant engine.

Attachments

• DSCN0312_20.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 67CudaEngineCarb.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 356
Well, as long as it's on the list.... :)

yep, along with

flip rear hangers for 1" rear drop
28x4.5 front runners
battery relocation
rewire using ENOS "Black Box"
Plexi windows (just need felts and followers to complete side's)
gear change to 4.56
sumped cell with -8 feed and return with two walbro 255's
possilbe front end extension (early pro stock/stock kinda stuff)
tilt glass front

just the little stuff...

oh and a billet head with a motor to match...

yep, along with

flip rear hangers for 1" rear drop
28x4.5 front runners
battery relocation
rewire using ENOS "Black Box"
Plexi windows (just need felts and followers to complete side's)
gear change to 4.56
sumped cell with -8 feed and return with two walbro 255's
possilbe front end extension (early pro stock/stock kinda stuff)
tilt glass front

just the little stuff...

oh and a billet head with a motor to match...

Nice list! Especially the billet head. Where does one obtain one of those?:lurk:

Nice list! Especially the billet head. Where does one obtain one of those?:lurk:
someone has to make it... and i have a place who can... and already has for a chevy 6 who is setting records :happy1:

Anyone know where to get some Shorty headers like these?

00P0P_hZJRdmucoTb_600x450_zpsbde6e1e2.jpg

those are cliffords. check on here, ebay, CL, etc to find some at a good price

thanks 805.

just looked at cliffords website and they aren't as short as I thought they were, guess its a bad angle in the pic I posted.

anyone make any shorties for the slants?

I think Clifford is the only one making shorty headers for the slant. I had a set I picked up awhile ago and since wasn't going to use them, sold them at the Nationals last weekend.

my plan is to put a slant in my 46 dodge truck and I want a nice clean setup as its gonna be a all show truck and I hate how long tube headers look

but from everything im finding im just gonna have to order up a pair of cliffords and shorten em myself

my plan is to put a slant in my 46 dodge truck and I want a nice clean setup as its gonna be a all show truck and I hate how long tube headers look

but from everything im finding im just gonna have to order up a pair of cliffords and shorten em myself

just run a stock manifold then... or i would just run what ever header came up for sale at a good price. the amount of work your gonna put into shortening them is just not worth it... IMO.

-
Back