Let's see your 1st generation barracuda

-
I pulled all the 4-speed stuff out of my 440, 4-speed, 71 Duster w/ Semi-chassis headers. On the drivers side 2 pipes dumped into the fendwell and on the passenger side only one pipe dumped into the fenderwell. My best friend welded for me back then; he modified the bellcrank and made a new bracket for the pivot on the scattershield. I still have those parts and will reuse them or make new ones to fit. I know it won't be easy, but I'm going to try.

At least you have something to start with that you may be able to rework but the size difference between the early A's and the 67 up is a lot. My 68 has a ton of room but the 65 has none.

Start a thread on it with pic's when you start on it, I'd really like to see how it comes together. I'm going to be fitting a 383 w/727 in a buddy's 65 soon but the 383 is smaller than the 440 so hopefully it will go ok. I have the front sub frame with the firewall from a 65 I parted that we are going to fit it in first, at least I don't have clutch linkage to deal with.

Roger that, I sure will. I'll also post on BBD in the members build area.

Thank you again for your idea a while ago on the rear frame rails. I'm going to make templates when I get back and then start looking for a local shop to bend them for me.

Here is my dad's 66. He is the original owner. Has a couple of engine mods, but nothing really too serious. dual exhaust and a 4brl carb. Its pretty much all original aside from a couple of new paint jobs. He tried to keep it the same factory blue.

Here are a few of mine. The picture with the boat in the the background was recently published (page 80) in this month's edition of Mopar Enthusiast Magazine.
FishOutofWater031.jpg

FishOutofWater036.jpg

FishOutofWater016.jpg

FishOutofWater024.jpg

CruiseIn52909001.jpg

There sure seems to be a lot of gold Barracudas out there.

My 273, she runs sweet!

000_0013.jpg

My paint is called "Sage Effect." It is actually a color that GM used on pickup trucks in the late 90's. I think it goes well with black.
It was GOLD when it came from the factory....LOL!

169dart4y

you live in Santa rosa don't you? I saw your dart on cl last year.

My barracuda is currently in sonoma.

guys, I am truely impressed! i have a 69 cuda and a 74 swinger. I never liked these cars but after looking at these photos, I want one!

Great looking stuff!!!!!

My 66 she's a work in progress. been tracking down carburetion issues and timing for the last few days but she's mine. And yes i know the paint is horrible but that will be fixed sooner rather than later. just trying to get/keep her on the road, these cars were meant to be driven not sit in a garage.
Barracuda001.jpg

Here's Pop's new ride,I'm chasin down final carburation issues and front end alignment then shes ready for the road

cuda.JPG

lilfish.JPG

swimmin.JPG

Hey Nick M !!!
That Fairlane in one of yor pictures almost made me throw up....

When I was a kid (a long time ago) my Dad bought one of those. It was a 6 banger, three on the tree, and I hated it. He finally traded it in on a 67 Barracuda, Formula "S"
Unfortunately he sold the Cuda RIGHT BEFORE I got my driver's license:angry7:

Another gold one to add to the thread. The brake booster is currently at Booster Dewey's shop in Oregon. Hopefully that is the last bug to make this beast roadworthy. Its a rebuilt balanced 273 2bbl with a little cam and heads cleaned up, and a rebuilt A904. I'll enjoy it for a little while, then tear into the front suspension, and got some 14" ET mags polished and ready to throw on. Tranny crossmember modified, will soon get a dual exhaust, toobarracuda 123 (2).jpg. It's been a little money pit, but I love it!

Barracuda 039 (2).jpg

barracuda 040 (2).jpg

barracuda 042 (2).jpg

barracuda 123 (2).jpg

I needs me one of those fastback Valiants........;-)

srsly, all really nice cars.

I had a 64 and now have the 66 and neither of them had power brakes. I kinda figured that it had something to do with the brakes. Thanks!

-
Back