Let's see your projects

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
:thumbup: Well my Duster was sold at one point, buyer didn't come up with the money. So I decided to keep it, pulled it in the garage and started tearing into a few things. Going to be a daily driver to putt around town with and retire the 'Cuda from it's daily duties. Slant six, auto, floorshift/buckets, flipdown back seat, white interior. Right now the rotors are being turned, new bearings, rubber brake lines, pads, poly front end bushings are being worked on. The trans is due to come out by the end of the week I'm sure. It has a broken low/reverse band, i'll pull it and toss a rebuild kit in it and it should be pretty road worthy. Oh, and rebuild the 1bbl. Slant fires up and runs like...well...a slant, it just runs lol. I'm looking forward to not have to run 91/100octane at 10mpg. Though i will need my 'Cuda Fix' a couple times a week lol.

Attached is the Duster. Probably scuff things up and just have macco or someone toss a coat of navy blue or something on the car with a black hood/super stock scoop.

So let's see 'em

100_0870.jpg

well i am wraping up my FIRST fender still not far on the other, it seems like i'll never be able to drive her :sad1: i did some prep work on where the fender will sit on the car so it wont coninue to rust, i have a foor shift colum i got from another mopar guy but i dunno if it will work in my car how do i tell? i think it may be out of a 67 dart but am unsure, any sugestions.

o and i shined up my rims too, they look way better :thumbup: and i installed some 72 challenger seats, but they dont mount right any sugestions would be welcomed they set fine where the bench mounted(i think it was a bench seat car) but towards the 'hump' and forward the stud is about 2 inches to high how to i make this fit and look decent when i install carpet?

undercoating.JPG

top.JPG

primer.JPG

steering.JPG

end.JPG

rim.JPG

Long way to go,but good foundation to build on. She's real solid. Few small dents and dings,but no rust. Hopefully,a winter project. Want to have her on the road next summer. I love my Duster. :love4:

DSCN0002 (Small).JPG

Hey All ! Here's my Build. I'll Start with a bit smaller Description than CaptainKirk Or RumbleFish :thumbup:

73' Duster Street Legal, Race n Show car, Street Driven to Local Show events. It's gonna be a fun Driver.

Engine: 360.. J heads, Havent gotten to pull/ dissasemble/inspect the unknown donor motor as of yet, Though I know it's a hi rpm screamer. (Planning on a 350-450 HP Motor) Plus a 100 or 150 Nitrous Kit :toothy4: Maybe even a 2 stage O:)
Carb A 750 Double Pumper, gotta get one
Intake Edelbrock LD340
Igniton MSD 6AL box, MSD Distributor
Exhaust I Want the TTI's But will use the 1 5/8"x 3" rusty headers I have for the moment.

Trans: 727.. Manual Reverse Pattern, 4200 rpm Converter..

Rear: 8 3/4" 4.10's 489 Posi Carrier, Welded in axle brace. (see pic)

Brakes: Stock Disk (from a 75') in Front, 11"x2 1/2" Rears

Suspension: Welded Subframe Connectors, 10 Point Cage with main hoop welded to Outriggers (see pic) Swing out side bar's. Manual Steering, Stock Front end except for PST Poly Bushings and Joints. MP 002/003 Rear Springs

Wheels: Stock 15" Rally Wheels Repainted Argent Silver 255/70/R15 Rear , Undecided on front sizing.

Body All rust repaired and replaced with new. 2 trunk extensions, L/r frt lower 1/4 repair, L/R lower 1/4, R/R lower 1/4, 2 front floor pans, Both A-pillar's inner and outer were salvaged from a donor car. This car had more rust to fix than I initally planned. It's all fixed now. Debating,on fiberglass weight reduction expense or stock steel body.With a scoop of course :)

Paint: Orange Metallic and Argent Silver in a Sox n Martin style paint job. Orange being the dominant color. (see pic of dash)

The car is a build in progress. I'm in Florida and it's been Hot and Humid, so working on the car tends to slack off this time of year. I hope to have it ready late fall for some "brown shorts" events....

Dsc00004.jpg

Dsc00007.jpg

Dsc00008.jpg

Dsc00009.jpg

Dsc00010.jpg

Dsc00011.jpg

Dsc00007.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

67 340-4speed. I have to do interior and a bunch of other stuff.

dart_ground.jpg

68 Dart convertible 440-727. Need to do the finishing touches.

Some day...

The Camo transmixer is out. Couldn't see the thing hiding under the car lol. Will get rebuilt next week i'd like. I'll have to order the kit and such. Suspension/Brakes should be back and running next week. :D

2804479-100_0891.jpg

73 gold duster was repainted fire red with gold flake (not by me)

318 .60 over 360 magnum heads

727 trans

8 1/4 rear end need an 8 3/4!!!

need to make fuel line from tank to front and finish wiring to have her on the road. also need to install a 3pt cage so i can use my harness's for the bench seat.

0905091736.jpg

0816091845a.jpg

0822091841.jpg

-
Back