lets show your 4 barrel

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am hopping on a few of our members that are running a four barrel carb on there slant 6 can show me a few pictures of your install.
So lets see your set up's you have came up with.
Fall is on its way and I am about to fall into my 170 with all fours.:cheers:
I am sure there are a few different way to go about it.:-D

Thanks again,
And I hope to see some good info here
for me and every one that visits.

But!! mainly for me.:toothy10:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 120.jpg

give me about a month im guessing. my engine is still at the machine shop and my four barrel is still in the box...... on a shelf...... in a store....

my setup is a carter 4barrell on a offy intake with some hooker supercomps, and i actually used the stock throttle linkage, tho i still have to check if i am getting enough travel for full throttle tho. i only tossed the stuff on a couple days ago, so im still working out the bugs. Ill post pics later tonite

It's a 465 Holley on a clifford intake with clifford shorties.
MVC-005F.JPG
Thank you for your post and picture 70Valiant :rock: I can see where the clifford shorties
could work If I wanted to heat them up
and dimple them by the water pump and hope they don't hit the starter on my 170/:-k
your carb is located for a good feed I would guess.:read2:and you have been happy with your install?
Has it been a driver or is your /6 a track only ride ?

Thanks again for your help.:thumbrig:

19420213597.jpg

My set up is a clifford intake with the fins milled out of the bottom, A 2" spacer to increase the plenum area and place the carb farther away from the bottom of the intake(Better fuel distrobution because of less fuel puddling) All my plugs burn even and there all the same heat range. The carb (I'm gona get flamed for this) is a holly 600 that i have put a secodary jetted plate on so i could jett down the secondarys to match the primarys. I have the primarys to the drivers side and used a one barrel cable assembly slightly modified to run the throttle. I don't have recent pics of the cable set up but have a lokar kick down and throttle cable on it now.

I drive this car everyday and just ran it on a 1000 mile trip to samoa drag strip that involved a large detour due to fires.
P.S. I get 23.4 miles to the gallon with it and thats counting the trips down the strip.
My photo account has change somthing and i can't for the life of me figure out how to change the size of the photo i have more but at this size if its too big i'll pull it off.

TF

The carb (I'm gona get flamed for this)

Not around here, I don't think. If you've found a combo that works well for you, GREAT! That's what this is all about — sharing what works.

Even if that carb IS way too big! Tee-hee, tee-hee... Sorry, dude, I had to say it... ! Nice combo! :)

TF, I really like your air cleaner. Where did you find it? I think the V from the metal band would be great on my "V"aliant.

I really like the look of your engine, by the way. I really like your gas mileage too. That's what I'm hoping to get when mine is done. Care to share your 1/4 mile time?

Thank you for your post wicked/six.:thumbrig:
I will be running a 390 and I can see (just a shad tree mec} I can see that the primaries would be more centered to the intake retrieving fuel the way you have your carb on side ways.
Thank you for your info and picture you took the time to post for me.:thumbrig:

Hey guys, The car runs very well and sounds great i just need to get it painted its been in primer for 7 years!

At the track it runs 2.20 60ft 10.58 1/8 @63 16.89 @ 78 this was with the secondarys 15 sizes larger than the primarys witch probly slowed me down alot, i have it jetted down to 6 sizes up from the primary. The car weighs 3420 with me in it so i have alot of weight to loose.

Chuck i got the air cleaner at Tognoti's in california they may have a web site. It would go well with your cars theme!

TF

Thanks for the stats and the info, TF! For what it's worth, I think your Duster looks great in primer with the black hood. Very much the street fighter look.

Mine is daily driven. I took it out to Pittsburgh for the Chrysler Classic. I was running 17.20's @81mph, I forgot that I have the stiffest secondary spring in it so I had no secondaries #-o. I got 22.3 mpg on the way home. It is .30 over, .100" taken off the head(39cc chambers) and I ported it, electroninc ignition with a gm ECU, electric fan, mini starter added since the picture was taken, manual steering and brakes, 8 3/4 W/ 3.23's SG, cam is a Wolverine blueracer but I have no clue the specs, it was in the engine when I got it. It hasn't had a choke in almost 2 years, She fires almost instantly, I hold it at 1500rpm for 2 minutes and drive off even on the coldest winter days.

Not trying to steal the thread but has anyone tried the 500 2bbl with any luck? Thanks, Dean. Sorry Mike

No problem Dizzydean,:cheers: It douse have merit, My son run's the holley 500 2bbl
on his supper modified dirt track car
and you would not believe the hp it turns out.
And it douse seem like there is a member here that has a holley 500 2bbl on a offy /6.:read2:

Here is the slant that is going in Nikkis 48.

100_0870.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_1271.jpg

Here are some I took at a carshow this last weekend.
100_1828.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1830.jpg

This is one I took some extra pics of just for you because he is running the same carb you are. he did some weird stuff with the linkage tho. I think that you will need a taller spacer for the carb so you dont run into any boiling fuel issues. His fuel line sits pretty close to the intake.

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1835.jpg

Here is the slant that is going in Nikkis 48.

100_0870.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_1271.jpg

Here are some I took at a carshow this last weekend.
100_1828.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1830.jpg

This is one I took some extra pics of just for you because he is running the same carb you are. he did some weird stuff with the linkage tho. I think that you will need a taller spacer for the carb so you dont run into any boiling fuel issues. His fuel line sits pretty close to the intake.

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1835.jpg

Well good morning to me!!:blob: look at that 66 valiant 225/6!!:rock:
Mini starter and headers.:wav: 360scamp you have dun it again and again for me bud, Thank you so much :-D
It sure looks like the mini starter will take care of my problem on the 456
exhaust on my low deck /170 problems :salute:
you hit a home run :cheers: Yep I would definitely get that fuel line up away from the manifold.

Thank you again brother, You did remember to get me a picture of a 66 sedan and to top it off you took some pictures of the intake, carb and headers.:notworth:

Well that is two side ways mounted carbs I have seen in my life.
wicked/six and the picture 360scamp took the time to get for me.

What and if there is a better way to feed the slant :-k
sideways or the straight way? or douse it really matter?:dontknow:

Yall sure have made me proud of this thread that will help me allot
the sideways mount douse make the primaries center to feed, But, what make sence to me may not be correct.:-k

i think sideways makes it easier to fabricate a throttle setup. since our early a's have throttle linkage instead of a cable. im just gonna go with a lokar throttle cable/ kickdown cable setup, and a lokar gas pedal.

:read2:Hmmm...I'd say mounting the carb with the primaries inboard would make the most sense...and it'd put the throttle in line to hook up with an early a-body throttle rod. And that's also what the Mopar handbook for 6-cylinders says...I'm beginning to wonder if I'm gonna have hood clearance once I get my setup put together...I may need to make my own drop base for my air cleaner...

:read2:Hmmm...I'd say mounting the carb with the primaries inboard would make the most sense...and it'd put the throttle in line to hook up with an early a-body throttle rod. And that's also what the Mopar handbook for 6-cylinders says...I'm beginning to wonder if I'm gonna have hood clearance once I get my setup put together...I may need to make my own drop base for my air cleaner...

I am looking at the inboard being more of a center feed too :read2:

Unless you are going to do a lot of roadracing, you will not see any difference between mounting a carb in line or crossways on the intake.

The only reason i mounted my carb with primarys out is that it made the most sence to ME! The linkage was simple to hook up and it runs very well i have no experience with the carb in other positions. I don't think it would make much of a differance but may be wrong....Have fun with the car and try differant things it can only help all the other people working with the same engines!

TF

-
Back