lets talk 66 Valiants

-

mopar383

Reaction score
I just bought one as a father son project for me and my 9 year old son. Who else has one here? lets see some pics and where do we find parts for this beast? Thanks

Welcome to the site! Here is my beast.....340 4-speed. Sort of hard to find stuff for this car, what do you need?

Picture 659.jpg

Picture 282.jpg

Ebay is a good place to look, that is where I got my front fenders. You could post a "parts wanted" ad in the wanted section, members are great here for helping each other out.

I've had a couple of '66 Valiants and recently got this one but really don't have time for it right now. It hadn't been run for at least two years and it needs some other things corrected. A friend wants it so it'll probably end up with him soon. This car apparently was re-done about 20 years ago and I bet it looked really good then, now the work is showing its age. It was only two miles from my mom's house so I figured I had to get it.

MVC-006F-7.jpg

Here's another one that I used to own, I got it as a parts car but it was too nice to part-out so I sold it on eBay and a local guy bought it. He's done a lot of work to it and it looks great now.

MVC-001F-12.jpg

I'd like to get a '66 Signet hardtop with a 273 v8, black interior and bucket seats like the one my family had when I was young.

The Valiant should be a good project car. They're nice riding and driving cars; with radial tires, disc brakes and a front sway bar it can be used as a daily driver even in todays agressive traffic. But it's not like having a '66 Mustang or '69 Camaro where there are plenty of reproduction parts and you could order almost anythingfor these cars and it would be a your door in four days. Most of the '66 Valiant body and trim is a one year only design - it can take time to locate things like fenders and quarter panels that are usable, it is unlikely to find these items in mint condition. The doors are the same for 64 and '65 (but I think '63 is different) and are also the same on the Darts and Barracudas.

The internet is the best place that I know of to locate the special parts for my '66 Valiants, this great web-sight and eBay and possibly Moparts are the most likely places to find used parts. Layson's is the only vendor that specializes in Mopar A-bodies and they do have a lot of items, it is highly recommended that you work with Rick@Layson's and he is present on this message baord a lot - I have been really pleased with the service and items I have received from Layson's (but I've only dealt with Rick).

Most of the stuff needed to keep it running can be obtained at your local auto parts store. Most of the things needed for the interior trim is being reproduced by Legendary and others.

There's a Mopar swap meet in Centerline Michigan this Sunday that might not be too far for you to go to.

66's are getting hard to find, and the parts are too, but I think autobodyspecialtys,com has front fenders for our cars.

Posting Parts Wanted on this great site has worked great for me.Mines a 66 Dart,but some parts are interchangeable with a Valiant.Good luck to you and your son!And it,s mandatory to post pics.!We love pics.

This is my project. Me and dad have been at it for quite some time, but have managed to enjoy it allong the way. Laysons restorations has been a sorce of many parts for our build.

valiant engine compressed.jpg

my valiant (resized).JPG

Dang slayer!! Nice 66 and welcome.
Here is my driver and project Low deck 170/ Sedan. VICTORIA :love7:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20001.jpg

...I've got what's left of a '66 4dr. V-200 Valiant that bb66cuda hooked me up with a bit ago (thanks Marc!). Mostly body parts and trim (no front fenders or floor pans, sorry!), but all in really good shape and I wanna DEAL. Got '65 Valiant or Barracuda parts to trade? Let's talk!

Check out the album and PM me if I've got something you need...

Hi I also like the 1966 Valiants. I have a red and white 66 Valiant wagon. 80000 miles and original paint. We enjoy driving it and get asked all the time "what is it" .It has a slant 6,auto, ps,and pb. I also have a 66 convert and a 66 Barracuda fomula S. I have been lucky and have found most of the parts I need.
Jay

My 66's

Signet convertible before hired painter disaster, painting myself now
Copy2ofassembly007.jpg

Signet hardtop

RubyValiant015.jpg

Hi I also like the 1966 Valiants. I have a red and white 66 Valiant wagon. 80000 miles and original paint. We enjoy driving it and get asked all the time "what is it" .It has a slant 6,auto, ps,and pb. I also have a 66 convert and a 66 Barracuda fomula S. I have been lucky and have found most of the parts I need.
Jay

Hi Jay, glad to see you joined! Will you have the Valiant wagon at the Willmar car show again this year? I have a real nice tail light for the 66 wagon if you are interested, I will bring it with if you want to see it, Keith.

Any chance any of you guys know how to get a hold of "yellow58runner"? The '66 Valiant he posted above currently lives in my driveway and I'd love to get more history on the car (bought it in PA about a year ago).

-
Back