Lets talk floor jacks.

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Well Im in the market for a floor jack. Ive noticed over the last few months. Mopar Muscle has had a coupon in Harbor Freight for there 3000lbs http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039
The Mopar Muscle coupon lets you get it for 59.99. Only problem is max height is only about 15". Im wondering if thats enough?

I want a floor jack thats atleast 3000lbs and over. I want one with the large pad not the little pad. For around 60-75 bucks. If any of you know of a good deal. It dosent have to be aluminum.

I bought mine from Sam's Club for $69.99, 24" max height, 3000#. If you have a Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply, etc near you, you might be able to find one there for a good price.

Man, if you work on your car a lot, buy a decent jack.

I used a Craftsman about like you're looking at when I got started. Used a buddy's Matco one time and had to have one. Pad rests lower, raises higher, is bigger. Jack goes higher on a single pump, wheels around the garage easier, has a rubber pad on the handle to protect the bodywork.

This is the one I bought ten years ago. Constant use, it still works like new.
http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/toolcatalog.jsp?cattype=T&cat=2261

EDIT: I guess the price there is just for the Ram. I bought mine off the tool truck for $150.00 on sale.

Twice as much money, 10 times as good.

Steve

Yeah I agree. But the fact that I dont have one now and a expensive one isnt in the budget is why Im looking at the harbor freight one. Ill get a better one at some point in life when funds allow. Then throw this one in the back of the truck for a spare.

i have the one from harbor freight and i use it alot picks up my 64 ply and does it Farly easy and its a heavy car.iv had it scents dec.08 and works as good now as it did then.and that's not counting how many times the kids put it up&down they think its a new toy.and if it goes bad im sure i will buy another one iv got one from sears and two from snap on.and they set in the corner with the seals bad two of them wont hold a car up&the other wont do any thing...

i have the one from harbor freight and i use it alot picks up my 64 ply and does it Farly easy and its a heavy car.iv had it scents dec.08 and works as good now as it did then.and that's not counting how many times the kids put it up&down they think its a new toy.and if it goes bad im sure i will buy another one iv got one from sears and two from snap on.and they set in the corner with the seals bad two of them wont hold a car up&the other wont do any thing...

Dose the max lift on it seem to hinder the use? Because that was the only thing I was concerned about was the 14 3/4 lift.

I bought an aluminum floor jack from Costco a couple of years ago. Seem to remember it was just under $100.
Works great and I've used it on both my '69 Dart and my '95 2500 Ram. No problems lifting either vehicle. Big pad, low pad height, and good lift height. Also came with the rubber pad on the handle to prevent damage should the handle contact either the vehicle.
I've found the best practice is to save if necessary and buy the best possible product once rather than the increased costs for double-buying the same thing. Just my opinion.

Buy a good one and you won't regret it. I bought a sear jack years ago 1983 to be exact. In its day it was a good piece. The new sears can't hold a candle to it. They are smaller, weaker in construction etc. I just bought this one for my work. When my 23 year ols jack finally leaks I'm getting this one. They run sales and take $100 off.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...NLE&PartNumber=7916402&Description=Floor+Jack

I have 2 of the Harbor Freight ones-1 at home and 1 at work for the big boss's Impala SS. Never had a lick of problems with either one.

I bought an aluminum floor jack from Costco a couple of years ago. Seem to remember it was just under $100.
Works great and I've used it on both my '69 Dart and my '95 2500 Ram. No problems lifting either vehicle. Big pad, low pad height, and good lift height. Also came with the rubber pad on the handle to prevent damage should the handle contact either the vehicle.
I've found the best practice is to save if necessary and buy the best possible product once rather than the increased costs for double-buying the same thing. Just my opinion.

got the same one...it looks fast just sittin there...and its a JACK!

Light weight aluminum too. Best $100 I ever spent I think...

Aloha

-
Back