Let's talk rear drums, 8.75 going into A body

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
I have 8.75 A body going into 1976 Dart.
I will be keeping the small bolt pattern.

I have backing plates, axles and housing with center, that's all.

What do I need to be looking for in terms of brakes and drums.
I will be buying new drums, so do I need to specify an early 70's A body with 8.75 to get the right drums? Are there any other particulars I need to concern with on brakes?

what did the rear come from? guess if you went and oddered drums and brakes for something like a 69-70 340 dart you would be ok. i have a set here that i won't be using but i want to sell the drums and brakes as an entire set and they are still on the car.

I would be interested in a set.
I have no idea what the rear end is year wise, all I know is it is an A body 8.75 housing and axles.

What does your kit include? Brakes, drums, and hardware?
Do you have e brake cables?

I would be interested in a set.
I have no idea what the rear end is year wise, all I know is it is an A body 8.75 housing and axles.

What does your kit include? Brakes, drums, and hardware?
Do you have e brake cables?

i have to look at it and see if everything is there. i bought the car (71 dart) for the 8 3/4 thats in it and have no plans on using the small bolt stuff.

E brake cables on my '70 Dart are different lengths. Passenger side swoops over to driver side... On my buddies' '70 Demon, they are of equal length. Also, make sure the drums will fit within your rims. Remember... grease is easier to remove than grief.

-
Back