LHT to RHT wheel stud swap 64 dart

-

TX64DartGT

Reaction score
Anybody have part numbers for front and rear studs? Searched and I can’t locate any, only thread and knurl sizes. Stock manual drums front and rear, just hoping someone knew of some dorman numbers off hand.

Thanks!

I can get you half way there at least. I am changing all the brakes on my 66 Valiant. The fronts are getting an upgrade to Kelsey Hayes discs which came rebuilt with all RH studs. I'm swapping in an 8-3/4 rear. Everything is going to stay SBP. Since three wheels are now set for RH threads, I had to find new RH rear studs. I got them from (I think?) Rock Auto, at about a buck apiece. They are from Wagner, part# BD61237. I matched these up by stud length and the knurl measurements. If it helps, these are 1-3/16" long.

Just in case you don't know, the front studs will likely be swaged into the hub. If you just use a press to push out the studs you will ruin the hub. You have to gently grind off the swaging to release the stud, then go ahead and press the old ones out.

I can get you half way there at least. I am changing all the brakes on my 66 Valiant. The fronts are getting an upgrade to Kelsey Hayes discs which came rebuilt with all RH studs. I'm swapping in an 8-3/4 rear. Everything is going to stay SBP. Since three wheels are now set for RH threads, I had to find new RH rear studs. I got them from (I think?) Rock Auto, at about a buck apiece. They are from Wagner, part# BD61237. I matched these up by stud length and the knurl measurements. If it helps, these are 1-3/16" long.

Just in case you don't know, the front studs will likely be swaged into the hub. If you just use a press to push out the studs you will ruin the hub. You have to gently grind off the swaging to release the stud, then go ahead and press the old ones out.

Good info, thanks! Yes I am aware of the fronts and the swaging, going to take my time on those so I don’t waller out the hole and have to go to a different size knurl.

Picked mine up at the local advance Auto parts, had them in stock. Didn't remove the axle to install them, just knocked the old ones out, and used a lug nut and sandwiched a larger nut between the lug and backing plate

Remove drums or whatever, and grind/drill the top off the knurled lug stud. Then you can pound it through the front without damaging the original splines. Pressing them out through the back will make the new oem design spin.

-
Back