[WANTED] lift/traction bars wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ma mopar didn't need those.// A set of superstock rear springs and a adjustable pinion snubber.. OR go for broke caltracs...

here is what i have. if yiu want them come get em

IMG_20230904_100650855_HDR.jpg

here is what i have. if yiu want them come get em

View attachment 1716137332
I believe most if not all the slapper bars bolted onto Mopars don't fit properly out of the box. At least 99% of the slapper bars I have seen installed on Mopars do not fit properly and that doesn't allow them to work correctly. They all seemed to have 3 to 6 inches of space between the snubber and the bottom of the front spring eye. That is no bueno, hence the bad reputation.

I buy the universal Lakewood slapper bars from Summit, but make sure you get the correct length so the rubber snubbers can be lined up as close as possible to the bottom of the front spring eye. (Measure from the bottom of the front spring eye to just behind the axle's spring plate) There is a difference between front spring segment length on A-bodies and SS springs versus E and B Body springs.

I also have had to cut and weld an extension to the rear mounting flange at the back of the bar. I toss the supplied u-bolts and upgrade with larger & stronger hardware either from the local hardware store or u-bolts from Stengler Brothers, and I cut the rubber bumpers down to about half the length.

Properly adjusted pinon snubber's can work well on a smooth track surface, but with zero to 1 inch clearance to the floor pan it can make for an extremely rough ride on the street. I found the same to be true with Cal-tracs, but at least you get that extra rattling noise on the street with them.

Combined with leaf springs with the correct rear spring rate and drag radials, my Mopars have never hooked up, rode and handled so well.

slapper bar 4.jpeg

slapper bar 3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back