lifter bushing install

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got some pictures of steve working on making and installing stepped lifter bushings using a BHJ fixture

100_0145.JPG

100_0146.JPG

100_0147.JPG

100_0148.JPG

100_0149.JPG

100_0150.JPG

What material is he using for the bushings?

Very cool Steve. I don't blame you. I'd be sharing it too. I know you're proud of him.

I really like the BHJ system of truing up an engine block. I’m definitely a fan of bushing the lifter bores to correct geometry in a high level engine.

Yes and there are different grades. As Ampco18 is way softer than Ampco 21. Ampco being a manufacturer’s material name.

I'll get some more pics and info tomorrow. He is a member and does frequent this site. He just stays to himself. Right now he is working with a Viper collector/race car owner. They are experimenting with heads. He is well know by Subaru and EVO shops. Some of them that come here are pretty wild. Those Mitsubishi's make some serious power

100_0109.JPG

100_0123 (3).JPG

100_0124 (2).JPG

106_0704 (5).JPG

106_0705.JPG

106_0706 (2).JPG

106_0707.JPG

Uh, what's that you were saying about bubblegum welds on my k-member about 6 months ago? LOL. Tell your son to put the welder down and stick to machining. :poke::lol:

Seriously your welds look like bubble gum. Hows the rest of your workmanship. I wasn't going to say anything but.

What goes around cums around. LOL
What did your son cut that main hoop with, an acetylene torch? :eek:

Last edited:
What did your son cut that main hoop with, an acetylene torch? :eek:
Very old car with rust inside the cage. Welded the old rusty cage with a Propane torch and coat hangers. I believe the hangers were labeled bubblicious . The welder was a hand held little blue tank. The same kind you used Richard. The car passed tech. We use that same welder for Solder, Brass, Aluminum, Steel, and Cast iron, You were right about the little blue tanks being cheaper at Walmart. Thanks for the advice.

11.jpg

Uh, what's that you were saying about bubblegum welds on my k-member about 6 months ago? LOL. Tell your son to put the welder down and stick to machining. :poke::lol:
He was using the little blue propane tank again today," The one you told me about ". He soldered another Hemi. I hope the Wrigley's gum holds up.

100_0173.JPG

100_0174.JPG

100_0175.JPG

-
Back