lifters ticking stroked 400

-

mike56

Reaction score
I have a stroked a 400 stroked completely redone 80 psi oil pressure lifters are ticking when cold starting what the heck is going on

Lifters or rockers? What kind of ticking? What kind of cam/lifters? How cold?

Give us details.

How long before the tick goes away, because a lot of Mopar motors do that on startup until they get oil again.
They drain down when sitting.

Well I should say some do and some don't but if it goes away right after the oil pressure comes up from the startup it's ok.

So much information here I simply don't know where to start.

No doubt RRR. Could be excess clearance at the rocker tip, could be ......

How long before the tick goes away, because a lot of Mopar motors do that on startup until they get oil again.
They drain down when sitting.

Well I should say some do and some don't but if it goes away right after the oil pressure comes up from the startup it's ok.

this motor is basically brand new oil pump,pistons, cam, rocker assemblies, valve train, I took coil wire off cranked engine takes 2 to 4 seconds to pick oil pressure but stops ticking this only happens after car sit for a few days 80 psi once it picks pressure but don't like these dry starts

They really are not dry starts, it's just that the lifters have not pumped up yet.
Sounds pretty normal for hydraulic lifters but you know what they say about opinions.

-
Back