Lifting a slant

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recommendation for places to hook the chain on a slant for removal with the engine hoist? It looks like there's a good horizontal bolt hole at the front of the engine...

There are 3 holes in the head, use the two in the rear if you are pulling just the engine, use the one on the front on the head also, if you are pulling it with the trans attached.

look at the top side of the head-- it has 2 bolt holes for this --- but anywhere you can maintain balance is good. Lawrence

Gotcha...I'll be pulling it with the transmission attached. Thank you!

I recall it is 2 bolt holes in the head. The fwd one for engine only lifting, the latter for engine + tranny. Someone else said there was a special bracket dealers had that bolted to those 2 holes and had it own holes that were similar. I vaguely recall a photo. You can also get an adjustable tilt at Harbor Freight, but not essential. Some people lift the car body up and roll the engine & tranny w/ K-frame (4 bolts) out the bottom. Best way if you also plan suspension and steering rebuild. Search for posts w/ photos.

-
Back