Lights actin funny

-

Shamrock--WV2NC

Reaction score
74 Dart.
1st Problem When headlights are on I hit dimmer switch and they go off. Click again, back on.

2nd Problem Left turn signals flash normally. Right turn signals flash quickly. Ok here’s the crazy part—-When headlights are on the left signals don’t work. The right still flash quickly.

I’m sure you all will have questions to help diagnose the problem. Let’s work this out together. Thanks all

Well you likely have multiple problems. I seldom suggest a shotgun approach, but here's a few thoughts:

No1 thing for the headlights is likely simply the dimmer switch itself. Next the switch CONNECTOR. It is all "down there" subject to moisture from wet feet in a rain.

Next is the bulkhead connector. They can be a huge problem. Take it apart inspect, clean, repair

Check grounding for the headlights. The ground wires are tied together into one out on the radiator support. So if that gets rusty/ corroded................................

The turn signals may also be a grounding problem, corrosion at the sockets, or just a bad bulb. The changing symptom with the headlights vs the turn signals could be as simple as a change of voltage in the system due to more/ less electrical load.

On my car, EG, the signals flash slower/ faster depending if the engine is running.........the system is charging or not

-
Back