Like Legos without instructions

-

Maxwel Nicoll

Reaction score
I got a 1972 dart swinger special from my Dad, and he took almost everything apart and put it in one pile. Now I'm trying to assemble the suspension and cannot find the right bolts. Does anyone know where to get replacement hardware for the front suspension?

I'm in San Diego so there is plenty of junkyards but I'd like new if I can afford it.

I'm willing to get new bolts, but I don't know where to get them. I went to totally stainless.net or something but the website didn't have anything for me. Does anyone know a company to order them?

Not sure where you can order full nut and bolt kits from. I'll let the old :) guys jump in on that answer

Honestly Home Depot or Lowes is where I go for anything like that, go to the grade 8 section and start figuring out what you need

I got some grade 8 bolts from Home Depot for my older truck for the radiator hood and broke them going 55 on the freeway. I'd prefer not to use Home Depot on this car.

energy suspension or performance suspension technology. they might have the bolts or maybe just the bushings but it's worth a try

I always keep a fairly large pile of front end bolts around. Most of them cannot be found locally new. I usually give them a good cleaning and bead blast and they are like new.

This is what I have. Front drum brakes, and a whole pile of random hardware. These bolts are 1/2" shank and fit, but I'm not sure and the longer bolts have thread damage. And, do those meatal hanger thingys go with it?

Attachments

• spindle.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 131
Those look like 9" drum spindles. Is this a slant car? Depending on your budget, now is the time to upgrade to disc brakes.

yeah, it's 9" drums. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to upgrade and I need it on wheels to get it out of the garage so that I can make more money.

-
Back