Lil' sumthin from pfogel to pass on

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Heres a nice pic pat asked me to post for him,I hope it works,dean martin e mailed it to him and it was big I had to shrink it down a bit.

soxnmartin.JPG

:shock:Talk about getting a bite!!:cheers:
Thanks for sharing Curtis =P~ I wonder how it ended up at the end of that run.:cheers:

The guy in the Duster is Dean "Sox", Ronnie's son. This picture was taken at Virginia Motorsports Park this past weekend. I was there with Garlits. He was match racing the original Bill Stiles S/S hemi with the Duster his Dad had running a 440 back in the day. Dean has a hemi in it now, very fresh, with a single Dominator and a torqflite. The car has ladder bars like back in the day but has better adjustable shocks. Dean won this race on a hole shot going 9.34 with a 60 ft of 1.20. His second pass was identical 9.34 and 1.20. Now is he a chip off the old block?!? Dean is so like Ronnie...friendly, soft spoken, intelligent, and a great driver. My eyes watered up when he told me, "Pop rides with me on every run" and he really meant it. He is his father's son. His wife Lynn goes everywhere with him and shares every task. They also own a restaurant in Mt. Olive, NC where it is decorated with drag racing memorabilia. If you are ever at a track where Dean and Lynn appear with their hemi, stop and say hello. You won't find two nicer people. I met Ronnie by just showing myself friendly and that led me to meeting all the other Pro Stockers and falling in. I think Dean is going to get that single 4-barrel hemi Duster into the 8s by the end of the year. Thanks Waggin' for helping with the post!
Pat

Thanks for the description Pat! Interesting to hear that he's running a torqueflight rather than a powerglide. :)

thanks for sharing, the Sox&Martin Duster, the Motown Missile/Mopar Missile Duster, and the Roy Hill-Petty Duster have to be some of my all-time favorite Mopar race machines. Just wish I would've been around to see them back in the day

Very cool!8)

I love reading about stuff like this and seeing the pictures. Thanks. :cheers:

That,s a very nice ride!Pat,s car isn,t too bad either!LOL!Your a lucky guy Waggin,to be hangin out with PFogel.How do you keep beer around?I,d be recording the story,s for later listening!HaHa!

-
Back