Line Lock Button

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Hey all you racers. Where did you locate the button for your line lock?
Mine is on the shift knob, and it's a little difficult to hold it, while shifting from 2nd to 3rd, as I have to pull the lever on the shifter to go to third.
Just looking for different ways to do it.

It's a B&M Pro Stick.

bmm-80706.jpg

bmm-80706.jpg

Mines on top of the quarter stick.
I have heard of people putting it on the floor to the
left of the brake pedal.
Can you turn the knob so you can hold it with your thumb.

duster340 said:
Mopower71 said:
I would never reach the ash tray with the harness on.
didnt think of that, my car is mostly a streetcar *sorry*
Don't be sorry.
I was looking for options, it's just that won't work for me. Could be good for othere though.

onehellofadart said:
Mines on top of the quarter stick.
I have heard of people putting it on the floor to the
left of the brake pedal.
Can you turn the knob so you can hold it with your thumb.

Mines on top of the knob also. It just feels uncomfotable while trying to hold the button with my thumb, and then trying to grab the lever to pull it into 3rd.

Mine is mounted on one of the spokes of the steering wheel. I don't think I have a picture of it. But I will check.

Mine is on the left side of the steering wheel, so I can hold it with my thumb. One time last year during tech inspection some inspector told me it should be located on the shifter cause where it is it looks like it could be a trans brake. :scratch: WTF? Lots of people mount trans brakes near their shifters, right? I think he was just bustin' my chops. It's stayin where it is - atleast for now.

Mine is on the top of the shifter ball, too.

I find it easy to use, actually. I sort of palm it, holding the button down with the meat of my thumb. That way my fingers are free to pull the trigger, and use the palm of my hand to change from 2 to 3.

When I was using the B&M pro stick I had it mounted to the left side under the shift ball. That way I could push it with my left thumb. I have since switched to a SCS and I use the button that came with it which is in the same place. This way you can hold the button with your thumb and still make the 2-3 shift in the burn out on either thr B&M or the SCS.

I have a Quarter Stick (nearly identical to the B&M model). My button is on the top of the knob, I press it with my thumb and squeeze the shifter trigger with the rest of my hand, like gripping a pipe. You should start your burnout in second gear anyway, that way you can squeeze the trigger, push the button then pull it right into third.

Guitar Jones said:
I have a Quarter Stick (nearly identical to the B&M model). My button is on the top of the knob, I press it with my thumb and squeeze the shifter trigger with the rest of my hand, like gripping a pipe. You should start your burnout in second gear anyway, that way you can squeeze the trigger, push the button then pull it right into third.

I have been starting the burnout in 2nd, don't worry. I don't want the tranny in the car with me :shock:

Dynamax said:
When I was using the B&M pro stick I had it mounted to the left side under the shift ball. That way I could push it with my left thumb. I have since switched to a SCS and I use the button that came with it which is in the same place. This way you can hold the button with your thumb and still make the 2-3 shift in the burn out on either thr B&M or the SCS.
Sorry about the left thumb thing, I may have been drinking :D :D

I have mine just left of steering wheel i had buttons both small and large and went back to a long toggle switch works good for me.

as the button on my shifter i have set up for my 2 stage.

bill

Good timing on the question ...I'm getting ready to install mine
I was going to drill the T-handle on my V-Gate and put it in the end of it under my thumb. Is this a bad spot? the last time I had a line loc I was racing with an automatic and there I mounted it on my shifterand used my index finger to push it

that's what i'm running now a manual rev. body with a 2 stag setup so i have the button inthe T handle set for the 2 stag its easy for me and just a toggle switch for the line lock as i just run m/t's drag radial and just warm them up.

I hve both of the buttons(normal size and the big mushroom one) and i was going to install one in the steering wheel but then i got that cured up cord and with my luck it would get tangled up some place on my body.

so i went back to the toglgle switch.

hows the disc brake set up going?
done on both fronts?

bill

ya its all done and im prepping to do the rears real soon
there is a write up on the conversion in tech articles

I USE TURBO ACTION SHIFTER LINE LOCK BUTTON IS ON RIGHT BELOW THE T HANDLE . ITS VERY EASY TO USE AND RIGHT AT YOUR HAND. IF YOU EVER BUY ONE YOU WILL NEVER BUY ANY OTHER SHIFTER AGAIN.

Johnny P said:
I USE TURBO ACTION SHIFTER LINE LOCK BUTTON IS ON RIGHT BELOW THE T HANDLE . ITS VERY EASY TO USE AND RIGHT AT YOUR HAND. IF YOU EVER BUY ONE YOU WILL NEVER BUY ANY OTHER SHIFTER AGAIN.

Same here.

AdamR said:
Johnny P said:

Same here.

I will have to see apicture of the shifter and see if i can use it with the 2 stag setup?

that way everthing is done with my one hand.

as i'm using a B&M shifter now.

bill

thanks adam, i went on t/a web site this am and seen it and it looks like a nice setup.

but i still need another button as i have the 2 stag set up and with just 1 button i'm left trying out other ways.

with the button in my t-handle i push it and sets up my 2 stage

now if i could find a maker that gives you an option of more butons it would be better then sliced bread!

bill

-
Back