Line Lock Stuck last night

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Trying to finish burnout @ San Antonio Raceway Sat. night and my line lock wouldn't release! Anyone ever have this happen to them? What do you think could cause this? Something in the brake fluid maybe?
[ame]http://youtu.be/SJkb0j5fzrw[/ame]

If it's an electric unit on a relay, the relay contacts could have stuck.
Mine has an LED on the guage pod that tells me it's electrically active.
(meaning if the relay stuck my light would stay on after releasing the switch)

Any clues like that with yours?

Trying to finish burnout @ San Antonio Raceway Sat. night and my line lock wouldn't release! Anyone ever have this happen to them? What do you think could cause this? Something in the brake fluid maybe?
http://youtu.be/SJkb0j5fzrw

I've had this happen to me and it would release if I pushed on the brake pedal.
After replacing the line lock solenoid everything worked as it should again.

I've had this happen to me and it would release if I pushed on the brake pedal.
After replacing the line lock solenoid everything worked as it should again.
I was pushing the brake pedal and hitting the button over and over until it released. Didn't do it the rest of the night. The unit is old, thinking about just replacing it.

Not on a relay then huh?
Relay contacts can and do stick together sometimes.

Not on a relay then huh?
Relay contacts can and do stick together sometimes.
Nope, no relay. Just the unit, the switch and the light. When I let off the switch, the light goes out. Back in the pits with the car off, you can hear the solenoid clicking.

Nope, no relay. Just the unit, the switch and the light. When I let off the switch, the light goes out. Back in the pits with the car off, you can hear the solenoid clicking.

Can't figure why the solenoid would be clicking in the pits with the car off unless there is an electrical contact being made (even with the switch and light off)

Can't figure why the solenoid would be clicking in the pits with the car off unless there is an electrical contact being made (even with the switch and light off)

I do believe he means when he hits the button with the engine off........tough to hear it otherwise.
I had a Moroso unit do this to me......went back the the Hurst and should have went with it from the start.
I used one on our last deal for a dozen trouble free years.
Got cheap with this car and had to pay twice........I don't think I got six months out of it before it failed.
I never did find if it was debris or electrical or just a sticky valve.......but it gradually released pressure.
Took a couple minutes to release.

Hmmm mine you turn it on light comes on to say its active clicks when you press button but wont hold brakes at all. Complete opposite.

Hmmm mine you turn it on light comes on to say its active clicks when you press button but wont hold brakes at all. Complete opposite.

Have you got it plumbed in backwards..??

Sounds like you got the fluid inlet/outlet backwards,, it'll only hold pressure one way..

Have you got it plumbed in backwards..??

Sounds like you got the fluid inlet/outlet backwards,, it'll only hold pressure one way..

Well went and had a look at it today previous owner ( only bought car last month) said it didnt work, Here's me looking at it and thinking something isn't right with the pic.had to go back for a second look just to confirm what I saw yup they had it plumbed up to lock the rear wheels could explain why it dont work to well. lol :banghead::banghead: last I looked it wasnt FWD any way of to get a cheap brake bleeder tomorrow. ( have real nice vacumm one back in tool box in NZ)

dont have that issue, i have a mechanical valve, i just turn, iv seen too many solenoids and relays pack up at the wrong times.

-
Back