line lock

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
I installed a line lock on my duster when i hit the button you can hear the sileniod working. When the car is running i go to do a burnout but it will not lock the front wheels. Idk if i plumbed it wrong i dont think i did Does anyone have any pics of one plumbed?

how many times should i pump it Maybe thats what i am doing wrong i hit the switch then i was pumping it. I going to look at it this weekend and see whats i can find

how many times should i pump it Maybe thats what i am doing wrong i hit the switch then i was pumping it. I going to look at it this weekend and see whats i can find

You Pump the brakes first, I do it 3-5 times, and then hold the brake pedal down, hit the switch and let off the brake pedal.

Hold the pedal down hard, press the switch and hold it down. Release the brake pedal.

As long as you hold the button in, the front brakes will be locked.

Mine holds so well, I did a small burnout in the garage. Nose in.

I hope you have disc. brakes, because it will not work on drum.

I hope you have disc. brakes, because it will not work on drum.

I have a drum brake car and it works with no problems.Put your foot on the brake,push the button,start your burnout,take your foot off the brake,keep your finger on the button till your finished.

I had drum brakes and disc with my line lock and the disc worked much better. Total lock up but with the drums it would roll. There is a few things to consider however, weight of vehicle, tire compound, horsepower, etc...

If your brake shoes are decent it will hold just fine with drums. I have a line lock with drums and can do a smoke show all day long without rolling through.

If you do a BIG burnout in your garage, your neighbors might think there's a fire.
Hmmmm, now how would I know that? :toothy10::toothy10:
X2, but it was in my buddys shop. his shop is 45x50 and has 14 ft high cellings, I filled the place so full of smoke, you could not see, and then we opened up the roll up door all the way. and waited for the fire trucks but they never came.

im no expert but i thought the concept of a line lock was to hold pressure on front brakes while letting rear brakes remain free

ok i was wondering about that it is new style manaul brake master Do u think i could use it like a trans brake where i could lanch it off the line lock since it might hold the back tires

I think it depends on what type master cylinder you have.

Na man I'm pretty sure that's the way they all are???? I may be wrong, but every one I've ever done and seen was front chamber for the back brakes and back for the fronts

-
Back