line lock

-
One other point of interest. Are your front stock(rubber) brake lines new or old.
Reason I ask is the first car I ran had the stock front lines on it. On my third run of the day the front brakes locked up. Car was slower on the 2nd run and on the 3rd run, I ran the car down the track and HUGH amounts of smoke was rolling off the car as I was going down the track. Thought I blew the motor. Come to find out, The old rubber lines collapsed on themselves while using the line lock and didn't release when I let go of the button. Talked to a few mechanics and they told me that is what old lines do. This may not happen all the time but new ones didn't cost that much and now I don't have to worry about it. On my 2nd car I made sure I installed new lines. You could use steel braided brake lines also.

atomic, that's a good tip. The brake system should be checked. All flex lines should be checked and replaced on a regular basis. If they show signs of dry rot or they are brittle they need to be replaced. Here in az I would say they need to be replaced every 5 to 7 years, at a minimum. And should be inspected at least once a year. It would be a real bummer to rupture a line when needed in a panic stop.

-
Back