linkage issues

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
Im trying to get my transmission all straightened out. Im having a problem with me linkage. First off i have a 68 barracuda with a 318/904 combo from a 68 cornet. My fender tag says the car came with a 318/727 combo but I cant be sure because the car came w/o an engine and tranny. My problem is that when the shifter is in park and the tranny is also and I have my linkage adjusted accordingly, when I shift down to 1st gear the linkage only have enough through to make it to drive not first. All of the linkarg came with the car. My question is their a difference between the 904 and 727 linkage? If so what needs to be changed. If not whats wrong?

Thanks guys

If you compare the manual valve lever on your current trans, you may find it to be longer than the "A" body arm the factory used. This will change the ratio of movement from the shift lever to the actual transmission manual valve lever. This can/will be the problem. I have noticed throughout the years of messing with the torque flites, many different arm designs and lengths... Hopefully others will chime in and also help you out.

Attachments

• 65 rear side view summer 2008.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 103
  • dart fall 2007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 130
.......Do u have the straight lever or the offset 1.....lots of the time u can drill another hole slightly inboard.......it will change the ratio.....i have done this many times.....kim...........

I took some pictures if it will help.

ok so I would upload me pictures on facebook with my Iphone. But they changed the picture viewer and I cant do it anymore :cussing: Im kinda pissed, I have to figure out another way to do it. :banghead:

-
Back