Linkage problem?

-

Chris67Cuda

67 Cuda
Reaction score
well i got the ole 340 fired up for the first time in about 4 years but my dad is not around to show me how to hook the linkage up. I put the carb on opened the choke and that thing fired up right away suprisingly and purred :) :) :). i hooked up the linkage how it apparently goes however does not look right because the rod looks like its too close to the carb? Not only that that throttle rod would fall off too easy. looking at other pictures i see many have a longer rod so maybe i am missing that? any help would be great. Its a 340 fastback with 727 transmission automatic on the floor.

cudalinkage.jpg

You'll end up with something like this:
DSC04707.JPG
DSC04708.JPG
The appearance of the rod being longer is from the spring (red in pictures) that holds it forward against the stud.

DSC04707.JPG

DSC04708.JPG

If you're lucky, a decent parts store may have it in stock. I recycled the one that was on my factory 2-bbl.

If this link doesn't work, Holley 20-67 seems like the correct part number.
linky thing

You may find a need for the lever extension to simplify angles and such. If need be, the Holley part # is 20-7
another linky thing

Hope this simplifies making it all work smoothly.

do you know where i can get that long pin with the nut and clips?

i just went through this myself the other day,you need to get a HOLLEY "chrysler throttle extension lever" P/N 20-7. plus the carb stud from a chrysler dealership that is still available P/N 3418900 this should be right.

-
Back