Liquid Electrical Tape

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I am fixing some wiring issues on my 71 Barracuda. There are a few places where the wires fused together, when pulling them apart, some of the wire is exposed. Is liquid electrical tape a viable repair? Obviously, I could use shrink wrap, but would require removing the connector from the fuse block to do it. I don't have 500 bucks to throw at a new wiring harness.
thanks,
Rod

I used it on my OEM block to firewall ground strap. Insulation was all brittle. Remove the old and used the liquid electrical tape. Looks good.

I use linerless electrical tape. I has no glue or sticky stuff. It's designed to be wrapped around wire as you stretch it. Once wrapped the stretched tape shrink wraps itself around the wires. It remains flexible and can be removed without leaving all that sticky crap on the wires. I use it for everything (wiring) on all my cars . It seals out water and lasts basically forever. I also use it as a nice substitute for the factory wire bundle wrap as well. I like to use it because if you have tear into a wire bundle to correct a wiring problem you simply get a razor blade, split the tape along the axis of the wires and peal it of. Leaving the wires clean and dry. I wish I had known about this tapes 10 years ago!!

treblig

We used something similar in the Air Force called F4 tape great stuff.

-
Back